We have a current opportunity for a Field Service Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Schiedam. For further information about this position please apply.
The work activities:
- Managing and coaching the field service staff, planners, technical and project support employees, customer service and order processing such that the objectives will be achieved.
- Structuring operational tasks and activities.
- Efficient division and organization of the tasks which are part of the total process from application till preparation of the invoice.
- Stimulating a "we" feeling by coaching in a team-oriented way and by having structural consultation.
- Delegating activities to direct reports and giving them space to perform activities in time, managing deadlines.
- Developing and coaching of service employees, ensuring quality.
- Responsible for personnel policy.
- Conducting development interviews within Field Service, focused on flow-through and competencies and feedback about your own functioning.
- In consultation with the Managing Director, Financial Manager and Business Development colleagues, establish a financial annual plan.
- Managing offer requests, offer scoring percentages and order intake conform budget.
- Managing revenue and margin versus budget.
- Taking care of optimal profit margin and progress.
- Formulating formation plans, annual plans and budget.
- Optimizing business processes, such as automated processes and/or outsources.
- Selecting, guiding and evaluating third parties related to outsourcing activities.
- Bacher or Master degree in engineering or comparable.
- Min. 5 years' work experience in a service (after sales) role in marine industry.
- Experience of working in a global organization organized in a matrix structure.
- Sound technical knowledge of equipment used for maritime and power generation industries.
- Strategic mindset with proven track record of implemented innovations in service business.
- Experience with implementing new products / services (on the technical side).
- Excellent communicator with strong track record of service and management activities.
- Fluent in spoken and written Dutch and English, additional foreign language are advantageous.
- Ability to interact on all organizational levels with many different stakeholders.