We have a current opportunity for a Account Manager on a permanent basis. The position will be based in the region of Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes (Lyon).
Purpose of the Job
Manage the client relationships for several of our client's key accounts to keep in touch with the market developments.
- Identifying and acquiring new customers to expand the existing customer base.
- Gathering information from the market and customers, understanding market needs, and knowing what the customer aims to achieve.
- Familiarizing themselves with competitors' Unique Selling Points (U.S.P.'s) and successfully using this knowledge in favor of our client.
- Positioning our client as the right partner for the customer.
- Increasing customer interest in our client as an organization, its products, and solutions.
- Identifying open windows for system identification with necessary support from the Business Consultant Systems.
- Addressing digital transformation in machine building and ensuring a value proposition.
- Applying innovation management with necessary support from the Business Consultant Systems.
- Achieving growth with system solutions.
- Conducting a SWOT analysis of the market, customer, and competition.
- Analyzing buying centers.
- Collaborating with the Sales Manager to create account plans with challenging targets and SMART objectives based on collected information.
- Successfully executing account plans and discussing progress with the Sales Manager.
- Managing all information regarding conditions, risks, details, service, warranties, lead times, and agreements within SAP, ERP, and CRM.
- Informing Internal Sales correctly so that quotations can be prepared, and information can be recorded in ERP/SAP.
- Sharing market, customer, and competitor knowledge within the organization to enhance the organization's knowledge level and provide the customer with the best technical solution.
- Identifying market trends and translating them into our client solutions.
- Managing sales projects in collaboration with the project manager of the application department.
- Providing the right system solution to customers with software knowledge.
- Providing technical support to fellow account managers.
- Managing interfaces between departments.
- Acting within the established company authorities and procedures.
- Taking on tasks in the absence of colleagues from the Sales Team.
- Contributing to business growth and sharing success.
- Promoting a positive working atmosphere.
- Making a positive contribution to achieving 100% customer satisfaction.
Holds a relevant University degree and has direct experience and affinity with the role
- Extensive knowledge of our client's product range.
- Knowledge of machine and process control.
- Extensive knowledge of software engineering and industrial automation.
- Specialist knowledge of HW/SW products within the portfolio.
- System and application knowledge within machine building and relevant automation knowledge.
- Knowledge of software, FAST, and Motion.
- Understanding of market trends such as TCO, ROI, OEE, digital strategy, and digitization.
- Familiarity with the clients Whitepapers.
- Ability to build a healthy, sustainable relationship with customers, being customer-centric, taking responsibility for the customer, and setting boundaries.
- Focusing on the customer's buying process, devising, and implementing actions to achieve targets and win projects.
- Participating in and deriving value from trade shows, expos, and networking events.
- Proactive work approach with a focus on pre-sales and project engineering.
- Analytical thinking from a systems perspective and understanding the business case.
- Understanding the impact on an OEM when transitioning to a new system.
- Proficiency in modern languages, both written and spoken (French and English)
- Excellent communication skills at various levels, from engineers to C-level.
- Active listening to understand the customer's topics.
- Detecting customer needs and providing sufficient input to the customer to transition to our client's system.
- Networking and enthusiasm.
- Being a business partner for the customer through analytical thinking, while keeping the bigger picture in mind.
- Working according to the standard procedures, with knowledge of MS Office packages, SAP, ERP, and CRM.
- Working in a structured, goal-oriented manner and enjoying achieving good results.
- Maintaining focus on commercial interests.
- Collaborative, solution-oriented, and mindful of team interests.
- Making a positive contribution to the team's performance and a positive working atmosphere.
- Energetic, independent, skilled at setting priorities, and maintaining an overview.
- Preventing errors and ensuring quality.
- Understanding and committing to the vision and mission.
- Acting within our clients' authorities and guidelines.
- Handling information with care and confidentiality.