Minimum 12+ Months contract
As part of the Civil, Structural, Architectural design team, in this role you will be the Architectural Design Engineer supporting ongoing and new projects of our battery factories.
Responsible for preparing, reviewing or coordinating the architectural engineering design, on assigned project.
* Preparation or review of the architectural design philosophy and implementation in design
* Coordinate/ gather the architectural design requirements from multiple disciplines
* Ensure coordination between internal /external stakeholders and design consultants
* Ensure compliance with environmental requirements
* Ability to carry out conceptual design independently to communicate design intent when necessary
* Preparation and review of concept designs
* Participation in inter-disciplinary BIM/model reviews or 2D drawing reviews
* Participation in design meetings.
* Control of material quantities
* Ensure deliverables required to be submitted by design consultants are provided in a timely, safe, efficient and high-quality manner.
* Resolve technical queries from Contractors
* Technical support to procurement, commercial, construction and commissioning.
* Creation of the architectural maintenance/ operational procedures.
* Review technical data CSA for process equipment during design, FAT and installation phase
* Work with the Maintenance and Operations Teams to achieve a successful handover of the design documentation and flawless start-up
* Review of red-line and / or as built documentation
* Creation or review of architectural design procedures, basis of design, structural design specifications and associated typical drawings i.e. factory blueprint electrical design.
* Ensure full compliance with client policies, regulation and governance
* Bachelors or Master's in Architectural Engineering
* Professional registration preferred - Chartered Architectural Engineer, or equivalent.
* Computer literacy (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Fluency in English
* Valuable (but not essential) is fluency in other languages, including Swedish
* 5 to 10 years of post graduate experience in Advanced Manufacturing or similar industry.
* Experience/ ability of designing industrial buildings according to European and Swedish codes and safety standards.
* Experience of carrying out architectural engineer design work in industrial buildings
* Experience of working in a multidiscipline environment
* Experience on brownfield and greenfield projects
* Experience in all project design phases, from concept to basic and detailed design
* Experience of following design projects through to construction phase
* Experience of site based engineering roles
* Experience with, and motivated to, setting up work methods and procedures, work with process evaluation and documentation.
* Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment
* Experience of working with European and Swedish standards and regulations
* Experience with Swedish permitting procedures is an advantage
Specific skills (eg specific programmes, languages, certifications etc)
* Experience using drawing software, preferably AutoCAD
* Design of operator/ welfare facilities
* Design of facades as well as functional requirements of doors and window openings
* Design/ calculations of thermal energy efficient buildings
* Design of personnel access/ egress as well as vertical/ horizontal flow of maintenance/ operation vehicles
* Design of building's fire protections details that meet appropriate fire requirements
* Evaluation of internal and external acoustic requirements of industrial buildings
* Design integration of HVAC and electrical requirements
Personal success factors (Consider Bold - Passionate - Excellent)
* Great communication skills as have constant interaction with team members and external parties such as contractors, vendors, authorities and auditors.
* High work ethic, multi-tasker, strong analytical ability and attention to details, critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
* Flexible, friendly, motivated to take on new challenges, has grit and a sense of humor.
* Passionate & purpose driven - we work for a more sustainable future.
* Proactive and goes beyond expectations
* Highly organized and result driven
* Strong problem-solving skills
* Has a "can do" attitude and an entrepreneurial spirit
* Ability to work under high pressure and tight deadlines, excellent time management skills
* Ability to work well with others in a team environment, as well as independently