We are seeking an leader within the HSE field to join our team as an Area HSE Manager. You will be responsible for establishing and deploying HSE programs and procedures, developing a safety culture, and ensuring a safe work environment for our projects. As the Area HSE Manager, you will be a key player in the HSES management team and will lead a team of four HSE officers.
- Lead the development and implementation of HSE plans, guidelines, and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements.
- Provide coaching and training for contractors, managers, and employees on safety culture and procedures.
- Ensure the HSE management plan for all civil and erection works is in place and updated when needed.
- Ensure proposed improvements are satisfactory from a safety point of view, and applicable standards and legal regulations are followed.
- Manage the risk assessment program for contractors.
- Ensure coordination processes are in place and meet legal compliance requirements.
- Lead incident investigations to ensure root cause analysis and actions of high quality.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, and statistics.
- Conduct safety walks within the projects.
- Collaborate with the engineering and design teams to ensure that safety considerations are incorporated into the design of new projects and modifications to existing facilities.
- Review and approve design plans and specifications to ensure compliance with safety standards and regulations, and provide recommendations for improvements as needed.
- University degree in health, safety, and environment or similar field.
- 10+ years of experience in HSE legislation and its application.
- Experience in managing and coaching teams and individuals.
- Ability to set up HSE management systems.
- Good knowledge of risk assessments and incident investigation methodology.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Passionate and target-driven.
This job requires a lot of knowledge about the applicable laws and regulations in the field of working environment. Specifically:
- Ensure compliance with Swedish legislation and regulations related to working environment.
- Monitor and assess the work environment and provide advice and guidance to management and employees.
- Conduct inspections and audits of the work environment to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Investigate incidents and accidents and recommend corrective actions to prevent recurrence.
if you are a flexible, goal-oriented, and structured leader with a natural talent for making things happen, we want you to be a part of our team.