Assistant Project Manager - Transport Reporting of the Role
****This role is meant to grow the successful candidate into a Project Manager.
Based within the company Operations function, the Assistant Project Manager is responsible for supporting the delivery of significant capital investment and transformation projects across our Transport estate. The delivery of these projects supports the company business strategy in the Outdoor industry enabling increased scale and reach, sustaining and increasing advertising revenue and market share.
This is a key delivery role with accountability for supporting the delivery to time cost and quality objectives. Excellent project delivery, organisational and stakeholder management skills will be required.
This role will report to the Senior Project Manager, with key stakeholders being the Director of Programmes, the company executive, Operations Director, Operations Team, COO, Partnerships, Finance and the General Managers of the Regions, TfL, Roadside and Fulfilment.
- Support the administration of the NEC style contracts between relevant parties and in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager, Commercial Manager, Project Accountant and Programmes team.
- Support the appropriate governance requirements (e.g. Early Warning, Risk Reviews, Programme Reviews, Compensation Events, Change/Scope Control).
- Review and track progress of the main Contractors, escalating performance issues to the Senior Project Manager.
- Actively manage and engage with the contractors on site, working with HSEQ on CATS and Audit.
- Accurately and appropriately report on the progress of the project in line with the requirements of the business.
- Develop additional PMO tracking improvements to assist in managing more detailed aspects of the overall project performance and deliverables.
- Co-ordinate document reviews with the Engineering disciplines
- Support the integration of the assets into operation under business as usual.
- Produce, communicate, and maintain high quality project documentation in line with project requirement.
- Engage with key project stakeholders to ensure that accurate and appropriate information is communicated appropriately when required.
- Build and develop positive and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including all contractors.
- Contribute in a positive fashion to the team environment and spirit.
What you will need
- Experience in working in a project environment
- Demonstrable experience supporting projects of various types; Civil, mechanical, or electrical
- Project Management (e.g. APM, Prince)
- NEC3 or similar contract management experience
- Experience working under a range of contractual structures, ideally in construction environments, and where CDM regulations are applicable with the appointment of Client, Principal Contractor, and Principal Designer roles.
- Experience in working in the TfL/Rail environment (ideal)
- Highly organised self-driven individual
- Experience managing contractors and suppliers
- MS Office, MS Project
- Accurate and meticulous with good time management
- Comfortable working as both part of a team as well as autonomously
- Open, honest and good communicator