The role is part of the project finance and M&A team and is responsible for supporting transaction execution, business development, financing and corporate initiatives. One of the role's key responsibilities is to own and run complex project finance models for transactions in various stages of development, starting from M&A transactions to early stage opportunity assessment and execution and financial close.
* Build and run complex project finance models for greenfield project and acquisition opportunities.
* Support the structuring, negotiation and finalisation of project finance and acquisition transactions.
* Provide detailed input into the drafting of Investment Committee and Board papers, most notably in the form of detailed financial analysis.
* Support the preparation of formal bid process responses, non-binding and binding offers, Sponsor partnership proposals and other commercial submissions.
* Complete asset pricing exercises to determine appropriate hurdle rates and NPVs for greenfield project and acquisition opportunities.
* Prepare and present complex analyses to internal and external stakeholders (including financial model sensitivities and scenarios) to facilitate effective decision making.
* Perform detailed credit analysis of key project stakeholders, such as EPC contractors and project offtakers.
* Provide post-close support to facilitate the seamless transition of projects from development through to operations.
* Support annual corporate valuation exercise, particularly in respect of updating operating project financial models.
* Support operating project optimisation exercises, such as debt refinancings or post-close technology investments.
* Support group capital optimisation exercises.
* Provide other analytical support as may be required, including market and competitor analysis.
* Project Finance modelling, including VBA and application of industry best practices.
* Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Project).
* Effective communication, both verbal and written.
* Able to support the negotiation of complex legal and commercial issues.
* Proactive and analytical problem solving.
* Ability to work effectively both in a team and independently.
* Effective comprehension of complex legal and tax structures.
* Minimum 4 years relevant experience in investment banking, financial advisory services and / or project development.
* Proven experience in the financial modelling of complex transactions.
* Proven experience in the power industry and / or project finance.
* Bachelors / Masters degree (business, economics, accounting, maths or equivalent) or equivalent
Competitive Salary with excellent benefits and bonus