We have a current opportunity for a Business Development Lead (Energy Storage) on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For further information about this position please apply.
Are you focused on energy storage projects and Hybrid microgrids?
Do you have a passion for new business development and can you generate sales leads to grow a companies pipeline? Grab this opportunity and expand your professional career.
● New business development against specific targets
● Develop and submit proposals to clients and try to get sales across the line with them
(either in the form of Solar Leases or as an outright Design & Construct of a solar system)
● Preparation of proposals whilst liaise with engineering resources
● Market analysis of suitable business cases relative to tariffs and industrial sector
● Track sales processes and prepare regular updates and feedback on progress for the
Regional General Manager, the Business Development Director and Head of Energy
Storage services in Cape Town
What we are looking for in the candidate
● Meeting with and effectively engaging with with potential new and existing clients in
order to establish their needs
● Focus clients are industrial and commercial energy users, and building owners. It will be your responsibility to develop these relationships
● Networking at conferences to development new clients and grow the projects pipeline.
● BEng/BSc/BTech in Electrical Engineering
● Minimum of three years' sales and/or technical design experience (ideally in solar energy)
● Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel etc) and GSuite (Docs, Drive, Sheets, Calendar and Gmail)
● Energy storage products and business models will be advantageous
● Understanding of diesel market stakeholders will be an advantage
● Travel around South and Southern Africa will be required
● Strong organisational skills, with the ability to persistently and consistently build and
maintain a sales pipeline
● Self-motivator who as the ability to work under pressure and think on his/her feet
Key Performance Indicators:
● Need to be able to provide evidence of your MW of storage projects awarded within 12 months
● Be able to provide the Number of proposals submitted per month