Our client, one of the leaders in the large-scale Commercial and Industrial Solar space, who has developed, owns, and operates over 12 MW of solar PV assets in the C&I energy sectors in South Africa, is currently looking for a Business Development Specialist to join their team in Johannesburg.
Their team has 100 MW of active development assets nationally, having closed approximately 300 MW of power assets globally.
Non-negotiable in order for your profile to be considered - proven track record, including project values (in RSA rand), as well as size of projects (kWp/MWp) sold.
- Supporting the Head of Sales in sourcing and closing deals
- Quoting, preparing and following up on offers
- Negotiating contracts
- Advising and supporting clients on technical questions
- Customer contact person for questions on delivery status.
- Basic understanding of project management
- Assisting with simple marketing activities
- Creating, selling, and clearly communicating commercial proposals to a non-technical client audience
- 5 years sales experience required - preferably in Renewable Energy
- Proven track record on deal closure on deals (essential and needs to be proven)
- Undergraduate degree
- Excel/CRM proficiency
- Basic Salary R30-R60k dependent on experience
- Commission structure of R150-R250/kWp
- Leave days of 21
- Office hours 8 to 5 Hybrid
- Travel amount of 25% of the year across 3 provinces
Fluent in English and Afrikaans preferable