We are working with a leading investment management company that has interests in various industries namely renewable energy, mining, financial services, and non-profit organisation. They are looking to employ an experienced CFO to join their team in their Johannesburg office.
Reporting to the President you will be directly accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of two organisations within the shared services centre, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve assets and report accurate financial results. This role is suitable for candidates who are currently in a CFO capacity and have minimum 5 years in that role.
Key performance areas, but not limited to:
Financial Planning & Management
- Provide strategic financial management, formulating the future direction and supporting tactical initiatives for the two entities.
- Work in-tandem with the President & CEO and Executive Global Directors, to monitor and
direct the implementation of strategic business plans.
- Lead the finance department and team to achieve organisational objectives.
- Develop the department strategy and execute in line with organisation objectives.
- Provide input to the investment team with the deal/transaction pipeline.
- Oversee the issuance of financial information to all relevant stakeholders.
- Personally, review and approve all compliance related documents as required by various
regulations i.e., FSB, FAIS, South African Tax laws, King Code III, etc.
- Report financial results to the board of directors and investors/funders.
- Review, monitor and mitigate key elements of the organisation's risk profile.
- Anticipate, monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts for the entities.
- Arrange for debt and equity financing for various projects, in conjunction with the
- investment team.
- Maintain banking relationships and other regulators.
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors.
The successful candidate will meet the following key selection criteria:
- Qualified CA (SA)/ CFA with 8 to 10 years post articles experience
- Finance and management experience; at strategic level.
- The ideal candidate must have at least 5 years' experience as a CFO, heading up the Finance Department entity.
- Experience negotiating complex deals or transactions in various industries; driven by a passion for impact investing.
- Broad understanding of the business environment and macro-economic conditions.
- Management of a team of professionals and providing leadership.
- Should have experience working with senior executive teams and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- High learning agility, solutions oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- Ability to handle a complex internal and external environment.
What's on Offer:
- Between ZAR 1,5 - 1,9 M CTC p/a
If you meet the key selection criteria, then please apply today.