Our client, a renewable energy platform set up by a leading global infrastructure private equity fund, are actively in the search of a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join the team.
The COO will coordinate a central function across the business's subsidiaries in APAC leading Engineering, Procurement Construction, Asset Management of projects as well as other operational frameworks.
The COO will also work with the local management teams to assist them from a technical perspective on greenfield and brownfield development opportunities. The individual will also have strong interpersonal skills and build excellent working relationships with management in different subsidiaries to realize synergies, opportunities and bring about operational excellence.
- Leading technical due diligence across any greenfield and brownfield opportunities.
- Support the management of each country to strategize the green field development strategy from a technical and grid perspective.
- Lead the setup and implementation of systems and processes across Health, Safety, Environmental, Quality and Reporting
- Standardize and lead Tendering, Engineering, Procurement, Construction and contracting across countries, with the aim of realizing maximum synergies
- Set up of Operations and Maintenance and Asset Management frameworks, including a central control center as assets progress into operations.
- Work with the group CFO and respective management of subsidiaries to finalize investment approvals for projects, to be presented to the board.
- Oversee all major techno-commercial processes and tasks across subsidiaries, including risk management.
- Prior experience in renewable energy development and construction, having directly managed and delivered 500 MW+ of solar or wind projects in the APAC region.
- Good technical knowledge across Solar, Wind, and High Voltage Infrastructure.
- Strong understanding of grid infrastructure and grid connection processes across countries in the APAC region.
- Prior experience in the setup of various HSEQ systems and business processes.
- A commercial mindset with experience in negotiating EPC, O&M and Power Purchase Agreements, as well as a good understanding of all technical project financial modelling assumptions etc.
- Bachelors in Electrical Engineering with MBA preferred