An exciting opportunity for a Civil Project Engineer to have overall responsibility for managing the civil engineering, construction and contracting activities associated with the build of HV AIS & GIS substations up to 400kV across the UK & northern Europe.
- Developing project requirements, cost estimates, project plans and budgets within the construction industry
- Civil and structural design, ability to check and comment on civil documentation in accordance with contractual requirements of tenders / projects
- Assist in the negotiations and awarding of contracts
- Monitor, control, and report on progress (costs and budget throughout the project)
- Resolve disputes, negotiate change orders, communicate decisions to, client, subcontractors and management personnel
- Select key personnel and subcontractors for the project
- To liaise with civil designers or resolve site Technical Queries, remedial works and snags
- To support CDM coordinator / Temporary works coordinator in the enactment of duties
- Bachelor or master's in Civil engineering or relevant work experience.
- Extensive substation engineering experience in utilities.
- Knowledge of required legislative demands and standards.