EarthStream Global are currently looking for a Civil Project Engineer to support in Dublin on a permanent basis.
As part of our growing multi-disciplined engineering design and construction team, the Civil Engineer will be responsible for the management, coordination and support of all the civil elements from both tender and delivery processes through to completion of works with an emphasis on safety, civil design and quality checking to service the electrical requirements.
Key Functions of the Civil Engineer
- The successful Senior Civil Engineer will interface and work with the project team on delivery, engage with the Client's representatives and processes, co-ordinate with the civil sub-contractor project management team on site from mobilization through to handover and, in conjunction with the QS, the commercial management of the civil-subcontractor.
- You will play a key role in our continued growth and contribute to our reputation for engineering excellence in this area. You will deliver projects and client service that are world class. In return, you will receive professional and personal development opportunities to help you become an engineering, people and commercial leader.
Civil Engineer Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
- Review tender documents and electrical requirements as defined by electrical engineers and put together a civil tender package for potential civil subcontractors
- Review of tender responses from a technical viewpoint in order to assist the commercial department in selecting a preferred civil subcontractor
- Liaise with electrical designers and civil designers to ensure civil designs meet requirements
- Manage and take ownership of interface with Client and Client processes in respect to civil design and works
- Review and quality control of civil design prior to them being issued to the Client
- Manage the company input to the Client and / or Utility design review process with respect to civil designs
- Work with both the project PM and QS to prepare sub contract packages
- In conjunction with the project PM, project manage the civil subcontractor
- Liaise with the electrical design team & electrical construction team to ensure correctness of civil installation & of successful handover to electrical construction and to the end Client.
- Work closely with the project PM to ensure that all variations are captured and notified to the project QS in a timely manner
- Liaise with the civil subcontractor as required on variations and associated design / redesign works
- Ensure that the Clients management systems are complied with as set out in the contract documentation
- Management of civil sub consultants and contractors.
- Manage projects and delivery them to quality, safely and on time.
- Manage, assess and develop teams and assigned individuals.
Necessary requirement of the Civil Engineer
- 3rd level qualification in Civil Engineering coupled with 3+ years engineering design/project management experience
- Experience in Civil Engineering design for substation or electrical power installations to the relevant design codes / standards and statutory information to ROI / NI / UK / EU jurisdictions.
- A proven track record of delivering projects on time and to budget
- An excellent influencer with the ability to partner with a dynamic professional team
- Possess personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to the client.
- Experienced and proficient in producing and presenting drawings using AutoCAD.
- Commercial Awareness
- Experience developing technical submittals, completing technical reviews and assessments.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environmental systems and procedures - knowledge of the team, their strengths and weaknesses
- The ability to multi-task and manage many priorities
- Excellent communicator/strong interpersonal skills/communicates with impact
- Excellent record keeper and administration skills
- Leads and influences others.
- Plans and effectively manages projects.
- Solves problems analytically and acts decisively
- Is process driven and focuses on EHS and Quality Work Management Systems and Processes
- Mentor and Coach to junior engineers and graduates
For further information about this position please apply.