Civil/Structural Engineer for Offshore Substation
Location: Hamburg, Germany
Start date: ASAP
Contract duration: Running until December 2026 (options to extend)
Rotations: Monday-Friday, 8 hours a day, 40 hours a week
As Civil/Structural Engineer for Offshore Substation, you will be responsible for acting as Project Representative during the enabling and construction works.
You will work as part of the project team delivering the Offshore Substations of the project which include enabling and construction works for the onsite substation.
We are looking for a Civil/Structural Engineer to support the key stages of the project during design and construction.
You will support the Offshore Substation Package.
As Civil/Structural Engineer for Offshore Substation you will provide support to the Lead Civil/Structural Engineer for Offshore Substation and Package Manager.
This will include providing expertise on Contractor's design reviews against the Employer's Requirements during the substation design and construction.
* supporting the BSH submissions process
* supporting the structural design and
* execution: - Ensuring scope is executed within time and budget at the required quality level - Reviewing and approving scope changes and invoices
* Technical interface with all packages across full Design and execution scope
* supporting the interface towards export cable pulling activities
* supporting OSS offshore T&I activities
* supporting OSS offshore hook-up works
* Daily management of OSS design and execution scope
* Supporting in engaging with T&I and HSSE managers for OSS design impact on installation and HSSE
* Supporting in engaging with package managers to ensure that all OSS design interfaces are aligned, planned and closed with appropriate quality and documentation
* Supporting in keeping aligned on overall development targets and deadlines, and ensure the OSS structural design meets these
* Support to manage and ensure overall OSS design acceptance by certification and the BSH submission schedule
* Support other necessary work within the OSS package
* Supporting in engaging with O&M implementation managers for OSS design impact on operational phase
* Implementation of export cable pulling and termination requirements to the design
* Supporting Quality managers on quality control tasks like fabrication kick off meetings,
regular quality meetings, alignment with quality inspectors and inspections on site
- Ensure alignment with the safety in design, best practices and policies.
- Participate in the procurement activities associated with onshore civil works and contribute to the project cost book.
- Management of contractors and sub-consultants, ensuring that safety in design is appropriately accounted for in the designs and that quality requirements are met.
- Work closely across all interfaces with; internal stakeholders, external design houses and Contractors to produce cost-effective and value-added solutions.
- Ensure all lessons learned from the completed works are incorporated into future projects.
- Engineering degree in civil, structural or marine engineering, naval architecture, or equivalent
- 5-10 years of working experience as a civil engineer within the offshore industry preferably experience with Offshore Substations in German waters
- knowledge of relevant European and international codes and offshore standards
- Sound knowledge of structural steel design
- experience with corrosion and steel materials
- experience with manufacturing and offshore installation survey/surveillance
- understanding of certification and consent processes in Germany
- understanding of the complexity of Offshore Substations and their impact on technical interfaces with a practical approach to implementation.
- Experience with Mechanical balance of plant including piping, heating, ventilation and air cooling systems, fire protection systems
- Experience with architecturals
- The capability to work within a team and with specialist consultants with competing demands from the project.
- Excellent communication skills, able to communicate effectively within a team
- Fluent in English speaking/writing
- Must have right to live/work in Germany.
If interested please apply within.