We are seeking a Kaufmännischer Geschäftsführer / Commercial Managing Director (CFO) working for a newly established company owned by a German engineering company and an innovative Technology Company.
The role will be based in Baden-Baden
The Technology Company is focusing on digital energy efficiency solutions for decentral power generation or heating assets and will implement a developed a cutting-edge Internet of Things application for energy and data management.
To support the future growth a New Company ("NewCo") will be established where the existing technology and clients will be brought in and which will offer a shell for further development. We are searching for a commercial managing director which will take initiative to support the growth of the company and take care about all financial and reporting topics.
The Commercial Managing Director will be responsible for both the day-to-day management and to create for the "NewCo" all required accounting, reporting and finance tools for building and growing of a digital energy optimization business. The CFO will also be responsible to within management team for contribution of strategic development of commercial strategies and efficient policies and procedures to ensure appropriate control of risks and compliance.
Role and responsibilities
The NewCo is looking for a candidate with firm business acumen preferably in digital services and/or energy services or energy efficiency and the personality and maturity to manage ambiguity yet inspire confidence and establish strong relationships and cover all areas of running a finance department as well as dealing with the day-to-day performance of the staff in his team.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, an excellent communicator, able to multitask and cover all areas of running a finance department as well as dealing with the day-to-day performance of the staff in his team.
The commercial director will in general be responsible for all financial activities and the financial administration as well as support the organizational development. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Collaborating with the CEO in leading the company and staff, and jointly with the CEO reporting to the shareholders.
- Jointly with the CEO representing NewCo to the outside world;
- Setting up all financial systems and reporting procedures as required by German and international GAAP and the shareholders;
- Create and develop the commercial framework (tools, guidelines etc.) required to implement and grow the business case and its set of digital solutions;
- Ensure financial targets are met; responsible for the accuracy and completeness of all Financial Statements (Balance Sheet, P&L and Cash flow) and budget, forecasts and strategic plans for the company in a timely fashion
- Implementing, applying and monitoring the company's internal controls and compliance system,
- Being responsible for shareholder consolidation and reconciliation as required;
- Ensuring data integrity and accuracy in all reporting
- Building up a Finance Department by assessing the staff requirements and ensuring that they have the necessary knowledge and skill to carry out their duties with sustained maximum efficiency
- Experience in financial management of an organization in the Energy, grid network or related services industry, could be utility, electricity wholesale, grid-operator, broker, SW-Development or project developer;
- Strong communication skills on all levels including external partners and shareholders;
- Business acumen for energy efficiency services and more broadly a digitalization mindset
- Self-starter, able to set-up systems and procedures in a start-up environment;
- Finance or Business Degree or equivalent.
- Experience with corporate finance and applicable reporting requirements;
- Fluent in German and English;