The role is accountable for directing and leading the CSU team to ensure safe & reliable execution of all commissioning and start-up activities. Likewise, the role provides a comprehensive project controls function for the assigned areas of the project, including cost estimating, project planning, progress measurement and reporting, budget and cost control, resource planning, risk management, cash and accrual management, invoice attesting and processing. The role will manage and ensure performance of responsibilities in accordance with Company and Project Guidelines and Procedures.
1. Responsible for preparation of the overall IGCC schedule.
2. Responsible for advising the operations team for reviewing commissioning procedures and adapting best practices.
3. Manages and spearheads employee performance and goal setting for all CSU team members and consistently tracks and reports their individual progress.
4. Identify pinch points in collaboration with the CSU execution team, the commissioning schedule ahead of time and plan workarounds.
5. Responsible for ensuring safe commissioning practices are communicated through CSU execution team with other departments.
6. Supporting operations meetings and ensuring Operations and CSU execution teams are aligned together.
7. Lead the CSU team in understanding and ensuring SIMOPS is properly working in both commissioning and operations stages.
8. Responsible for the issuance of weekly site update of commissioning and start-up progress report including encountered issues and mitigation in close collaboration with the CSU Team.
9. Prepares, reviews, and issues the contractual monthly report to client.
10. Responsible for identifying vendor requirements look ahead.
11. Leading and understanding of the contractual requirements for commissioning and start-up.
12. Issuing simulations of alternative commissioning sequences to avoid delays.
13. Preparing manpower deployment curves and cost estimates for alternative schedules.
14. Planning of additional resources to ensure schedule timely execution.
15. Ensures adherence to the OIM by promoting good understanding of the operating procedures in every IGCC unit.
16. Institute good understanding of the basis of design of IGCC plant unit.
17. Lead an excellent understanding of Saudi Aramco site General Instructions (GI's) and work permit procedures.
18. Lead an excellent understanding of Saudi Aramco engineering standards.
19. Promote and provide leadership in understanding of commissioning quality control system and their work process, interpretation of the contractual requirements of unit performance testing, and planning of unit performance test sequences,
20. Responsible for identifying gaps in site lab capability, environmental compliance, alarm frequency of SIL 2 & 3 emergency alarms in readiness for performance testing.
21. Responsible for arranging third party support for performance testing (Environmental compliance, laboratory services, mechanical support, vendor support, licensor support).
22. Accountable for grid code test execution in accordance with SEC standards and the client contract.
23. Understanding of design issues (DN's) in case they are affecting personnel or process safety (Technical Queries) to ensure that they are remedied on a priority basis.
24. Supports the IGCC production planning team to ensure that the CSU requirements are fed into the production plan.
25. Ensure safety of all workers during the commissioning and start-up activities.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
1. Engineering or other technical undergraduate degree (Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical).
2. Minimum 15 years' experience in gas, petrochemical, or related industries.
3. Demonstrated ability to build relationships and successfully manage complex commercial contracts.
4. Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal skills, and customer relation skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to work in matrix organization, across functional and reporting relationships.
6. Direct experience of 2 or more of the operating units that makes up the Gas Production division.
7. Fluent in English (oral, understanding and written). A second language such as Arabic would be helpful.
8. Working experience in the GCC countries will be beneficial.
9. Familiar with the operation, control and start-up sequences of process units: Gasification, Hydrogen, AGRU, SARU, Sulphur recovery unit, utilities, steam & power generation
10. Proficient with use of document storage software.
11. Good interpersonal skill, familiar with leading a multi-disciplined team of engineering and commissioning staff and confident to provide instruction.
12. Good computer skills, conversant with use of EXCEL, Netpoint, primavera
13. Excellent unit troubleshooting skills using DCS PI software.
14. Excellent technical and operational skills in Gas Production Operations.
15. Excellent Presentation Skills.
16. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
17. Willingness to support and mentor senior/junior staff.