Overview: My client is a leading mining company committed to delivering sustainable and responsible mining operations. They are dedicated to the safety and well-being of their employees, environmental stewardship, and contributing positively to the communities in which they operate. As they expand their mining operations, they are seeking a highly skilled Mining Commissioning Manager to join their team and play a pivotal role in the commissioning of their mining projects.
Job Summary: The Mining Commissioning Manager is responsible for planning, coordinating, and executing the commissioning phase of mining projects, ensuring that all equipment, systems, and processes are fully operational and meet safety, quality, and production standards. This role requires a strong background in mining operations, project management, and a commitment to safety and environmental compliance.
- Commissioning Planning: Develop and implement a comprehensive commissioning plan for mining projects, including timelines, resource allocation, and budgets.
- Equipment Readiness: Ensure all mining equipment and systems are inspected, tested, and ready for commissioning, including crushers, conveyors, processing plants, and related infrastructure.
- Safety Compliance: Implement and enforce safety protocols and procedures to ensure a safe commissioning process, with a focus on risk assessment and mitigation.
- Quality Assurance: Verify that all mining processes meet quality standards and specifications, and make necessary adjustments to optimize performance.
- Environmental Compliance: Ensure that commissioning activities adhere to environmental regulations and sustainability goals, minimizing environmental impacts.
- Team Leadership: Manage a team of commissioning engineers, technicians, and contractors, providing guidance and support to achieve project goals.
- Problem Solving: Identify and resolve technical issues and challenges that may arise during commissioning, collaborating with cross-functional teams as needed.
- Documentation: Maintain detailed records and documentation of commissioning activities, including equipment testing, inspections, and performance evaluations.
- Training: Provide training and guidance to operations teams to ensure a smooth transition from commissioning to full production.
- Cost Control: Monitor and manage commissioning budgets and expenses to ensure projects are completed within financial constraints.
- Bachelor's degree in Mining Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a related field (Master's degree preferred).
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in mining operations, with a proven track record in commissioning roles.
- Strong knowledge of mining equipment, processes, and safety regulations.
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to manage timelines and budgets effectively.
- Leadership and team management experience.
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of environmental and sustainability principles in mining operations.
- Willingness to travel to project sites as required.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are invited to submit their CV, a cover letter outlining their relevant experience, and references to email@example.com. Please include "Mining Commissioning Manager Application" in the subject line.
My client is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion in their workplace. Applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.