Our client is a multinational, diversified mining company, who presently seeks a Commodity Operations Officer to be based at their corporate office close to Eindhoven, The Netherlands.
The prospective employee will work closely with all commercial & logistic functions, as well as with the site finance teams as a means to successfully identify & mitigate key financial risks, whilst at the same time addressing control & process gaps.
The prospective employee will:
1) Be responsible for the execution of numerous physical commodity trades (in line with the service level agreement), in the most cost effective as well as safe manner.
2) Identify various operational risks of a particular trade.
3) Communicate across various organisational departments as a means to execute the contract in an efficient manner.
4) Maintain strong working relations with clients as well as contractors alike.
Key Responsibilities Include:
1) Successfully coordinate deliveries to as well as from the various counter-parties involved in the trade.
2) Arrange logistics via various modes in order to execute a trade.
3) Processing purchase invoices as well as arrange for payments.
4) Prepare sales invoices for clients.
5) Coordinate with relevant stakeholders in order to weigh and sample the product.
6) Facilitate the customs clearance process.
1) Prospective candidate must be able to work in a permanent capacity onsite at the Client - close to Eindhoven, Netherlands.
2) Employment will be based upon a 40 hour work week - Monday to Friday
1) a Minimum of two to five years experience in a operational execution role / logistics / commodity trade execution
2) Must be able to speak English - preference given to individuals who speak Dutch
3) Must have worked within a SAP environment previously.