Construction Project Manager
Location: 1x London & The South
1x Scotland & The North
Reporting of the Role
This role reports to Programme Delivery Manager
Overview of job
Reporting into the Roadside Programme, this role will have overall responsibility for the contractor delivered build plan that will enable the digital upgrade, refresh and expansion of The company's large format digital Roadside estate across the UK, focusing on defined location.
The Construction Project Manager will have accountability for the delivery and management of all assigned projects across the territory on-time, to budget, to scope and in line with all safety requirements.
This role will work closely with colleagues in Partnerships, Operations, Safety, Engineering and Programmes and will be support with full PMO resources for each project.
This role will have ownership of the successful delivery of projects which will lead to the growth and enhancement of the The company estate, constantly striving to produce the highest standards of project delivery and displays.
3 best things about the job
- An amazing opportunity to join the company and our journey in growing our outdoor advertising, working within a strong, high supporting team
- Cross Functional role that touches many different parts or our business and therefore brings good visibility
- Fast paced environment which will challenge but also reward through opportunities to develop and grow knowledge and experience
Responsibilities of the role
- Accountable for the successful management and delivery of the Project in the defined location on-time, to budget, to scope, safely, whilst adhering to the requirements of the company and site Landlords and CDM regulations 2015
- Improved project delivery driving measurable development in our accuracy and timeliness of project and risk reporting.
- Review drawings to ensure the contractor is providing to the required scope.
- Actively manage and engage with the contractors on site, working with HSEQ on CATS and Audit.
- Engage with key project stakeholders to ensure that accurate and appropriate information is communicated appropriately when required.
- Ensure engineering compliance to internal and external standards, taking projects through the required independent check level.
- Ensure that all legislative compliance is adhered to and that non-compliance is either dealt with successfully or escalated as a matter of urgency.
- Accurately and appropriately report on the progress of the project in line with the requirements of the business, department and key sponsors.
- Actively manage and accurately report on the project risks throughout the life of the project.
- Work within appropriate project management controls aligned to the approach of the project.
- Produce, communicate, and maintain high quality project documentation in line with project requirements
- Hand the assets into operation, with full acceptance from the operational business
- Build and develop positive and professional working relationships with internal and external stakeholders including all contractors
- Continually seek feedback from clients in order to proactively manage any issues and to drive improvement
- Contribute in a positive fashion to the team environment and spirit.
What you will need
- Significant demonstrable experience managing projects of various types; Civil, mechanical or electrical
- Delivery of construction installation and commissioning projects ideally on roadside/highway/rail
- SMSTS qualifications (ideal)
- NEBOSH qualified (ideal)
- Deployment experience delivering to BS standards in electrical and design
- Experience managing contractors and suppliers
- Adherence to CDM regulations 2015 and evidence of safety first site management and auditing
- Managing large Capex projects & roll outs
- MS Office, MS Project
- Project Management (e.g. APM, Prince)
- NEC3 or similar contract management experience
- Degree Qualified - Engineering / Construction or related qualifications
- Comfortable working as both part of a team as well as autonomously
- Open, honest and good communicator
- Accurate and meticulous with good time management
- Agile approach and calm under pressure
- Strong negotiation and dispute resolution skills