Site Contract Manager
This position applies to the standard OTR project team structures TKwP and TKS
This section contains all used acronyms.
EO – Equipment Order (same as Equipment Only)
EEP – Engineered Equipment Package
TKwP – Turn Key with Partner
TKSI – Turn Key Self Implement
SCM – Site Contract Manager
NTP – Notice to Proceed
M&E – Mechanical & Erection
PRPC - Project Related Procurement Conditions
C&C – Construction & Commissioning
NCR – Non Conformance Report
Manage the site construction subcontracts of a gas power plant, during contract formation and execution as well as the contractual aspects during the site phase of turnkey supply contracts.
Support the Site organization in resolving Site level contractual issues with the customer/partner.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
SCM is to be appointed by their line manager (in consultation with the site manager or project director) to the project at NTP, is on site when the project manager civil is on site, and finish their assignment when all significant commercial site issues are closed out after PAC. Depending on the size and complexity of the project, the person appointed as SCM may also be appointed as the contract manager civil and the contract manager M&E.
For projects where the client is a consortium partner, a site contract manager will be appointed in the cases described in the decision matrix attached to the relevant tendering work instruction. A site contract manager may not be necessary in some cases covered by the decision matrix if the regional legal and contracts manager approves.
A SCM’s task includes the following and may vary subject to project complexity:
- Site subcontract formation
- Establish the site subcontracting strategy with the site manager, project manager civil and project manager M&E
- Prepare the flowdown of main contract provision into site subcontracts (i.e. Volume 2) and project related purchasing conditions (PRPC) for site related procurement packages (the initial PRPC for most procurement contracts is done by the project contract manager)
- Support construction and commissioning to issue the request for tenders, evaluate, select the preferred tenderer and negotiate the subcontract, in accordance with the division of work matrix attached, including not only site construction subcontracts, but site-based procurement contracts such as turnkey packages and supply contracts with site services
- Site subcontract management
- Co-ordinate the administration of all site subcontracts ensuring that the clients rights are enforced
- Administering all functions allocated to the site contract manager in accordance with the division of work matrix attached, including overseeing subcontractor correspondence
- Maintaining event logs where required
- Develop and execute claims strategy with project manager civil and project manager M&E
- Prepare notices, claims and counterclaims as well as change orders in collaboration with C&C. Negotiation and settlement of such in collaboration with C&C.
- Monitor NCR management, and enforce back-charges
- Ensuring the correct Site Purchasing process and tools are in place and followed
- Supervise payments and re-measurement under site subcontracts (which the civil and M&E contracts manager have primary responsibility for). Participate in all final accounts with subcontractors
- Consortium contract management (where there is one), includes:
- Site client issues
- supporting client facing team on contractual issues focused on site (eg site correspondence, providing information to project contract manager for client claims, keeping up to date claim event forms, insurance claims)
- For both, Site client issues and Consortium contract management (where there is one),
- Tracking all the delays, related cost and damages and disputed issues at Site, and advising mitigation plan to Site Manager
- Monitoring Contractual Milestones & reviewing Project Schedule periodically with Planners
- Attending daily, Weekly, Monthly, start –up, Site Management & Progress review meetings to capture/ identify the delays, damages and disputed issues
- Timely delay and claim notifications at Site
- Maintaining delay event (Construction/ Commissioning) logs and in co-ordination with the PCM a Back-charge Claims log with Customer & Partner and Insurance Claims log.
- Filing backup documentation for delays, claims, back- charges and rejections
- Insurance Claim Management in co-ordination with the PCM
- Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
- Lead initiatives as delegated by management, such as reporting, training, experience return, safety, quality and the like.