About the job
Do you want to be part of a long-standing team, who are experts in their field, where no two days are the same and where possibilities to develop new skills and experiences are around every corner? Our client are passionate about creating a friendly, open and inclusive working environment where individuals are supported to excel in their area of expertise. They are continually seeking out new ways to improve our business and are firm believers that everyone should enjoy what they do.
What they do… They are a technically driven business with over 30 years of expertise; engineering and supporting high integrity systems where failure simply isn't an option. These can range from small upgrades through to fully integrated turnkey solutions, covering all aspects of technology from control room to field devices. They supply the latest technology to various locations throughout the UK and Europe with their prestigious clients predominantly being within Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS), Highways, Airports and Power sectors.
If you are a keen problem solver with excellent communication skills, looking for a challenging yet rewarding career in engineering, look no further. We have an opportunity for an enthusiastic and ambitious systems engineer to join our client on our mission to seamlessly deliver end-to-end control systems.
What we need from you.
A team player with excellent technical aptitude who has the desire to succeed. You will work as a Systems Engineer within the control system industry having some of the following skills; we do not expect you to have experience in all these areas and for the right candidate on the job training and mentoring will be provided to fill any skills gaps you may have.
- Working as part of a team who are responsible for the design, implementation and testing of control/integrated digital systems including traffic detection and management, ventilation and pump control, life safety systems, incident management and many more.
- Ability to program a variety of PLCs using Ladder Logic, Function block or Statement List methods.
- Ability to program and configure SCADA software packages and User Interface mimic design including some competency in programming languages such as C, SQL or VBA.
- Understanding of design and configuration of IP networks.
- Competent at design and testing of ELV electrical panels.
- Ability to configure CCTV, PA and telephone systems over an IP network.
- Professionalism to perform FAT and site commissioning under formal client witnessed conditions.
- Work collaboratively and proactively with our clients.
- Degree/HND in control, electrical, electronic or software engineering.
- Have 2 years' experience in delivering control/integrated systems using some of the desired skills listed above.
There is plenty of room for growth and progression which is proven by most of the management team beginning their career with us as students.
What they offer in return.
In addition to a generous salary, you can expect to receive some other great benefits too.
- 33 floating holidays to take when you like with your entitlement increasing by an additional 2 days every 5 years.
- Paid overtime.
- Company performance related bonus.
- Wellbeing benefit - a monthly instalment made in addition to your salary to contribute towards anything that makes you happy.
- Pension scheme.
- Anniversary celebrations - It is important to our client that they celebrate the commitment and value people have brought to their business over the years.
- Social events - If there is one thing about our client, it is that they love to get social, so this is a big part of their culture.
- Hybrid working - If the pandemic taught us anything it's that we don't need to be in the office 5 days a week, every week, helping towards a not only a positive work life balance but a healthier planet.
- Flexible working giving you the ability to finish at 1pm on Fridays.