Role: Controls TA for Steam Turbines
Purpose: To commissioning the Plant Controls System with Mark VIe Control System on Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP) and ensure planning, preparation and execution of the commissioning, operation, trial run and acceptance.
- Prepare and execute the commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements works defined by Lead ICS Controls Commissioning Engineer (COM LE) / Commissioning Manager (COMM).
- Participate in site meetings by arrangement with the COM LE / COMM.
- Utilize all available tools and aids to achieve the goals of his/her assignment and, as well, to strive for continuous product improvements and cost reduction.
- Prepare, manage, perform, coordinate and monitor the commissioning of the specified systems in a safe and timely manner
- Perform commissioning as per specifications, engineering documents taking into account the safety instructions, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Organize and supervise the safe operation of the plant (site rules, safety regulations, shift plan, shift log, etc.) from system turnover from Installation until COD by arrangement with COM LE / COMM.
- Facilitate the turnover of systems from Installation to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction by arrangement with COM LE / COMM.
- Work off the open item lists of systems under his/her responsibility by arrangement with the COM LE / COMM.
- Ensure the commissioning, operation, quality record and feedback documentations are issued.
- Hand over the commissioning, quality and feedback documentation and software (originals) with a document list to the COM LE / COMM for compiling and release.
- Ensure that commercial and technical deviations are reported with a corresponding quality record and that the same are followed up until their completion by arrangement with the COM LE / COMM.
- Keep a diary to record daily work, occurrences, problems, special information, etc. plus a list of pending items and maintain logbooks of commissioning records and operational events as specified in the work instructions by arrangement with COM LE / COMM.
- Provide, by assignment completion, a Site Report and forward the same to COM LE / COMM.
- Provide, on request, technical experience feedback to project engineering departments during debriefing meeting(s) to be organized by the project.
- Manage the handling and inspection of the commissioning test equipment. Organize the return of all commissioning test equipment as soon as possible by arrangement with the COM LE / COMM.
- Implement of the necessary EHS procedures within the scope of the discipline works to include preparation of method statements, risk analyses, safety walks, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensure within the scope of the discipline works that subcontractors are in compliance with the EHS requirements at the site.
- Perform the required pre-checks and energize Mark VIe control system and cabinets
- Verify network connections are installed as per Network Topology drawing and establish the required communication among all devices
- Review logic and verify accuracy against Engineering documents and report any issues or recommendations to Engineering
- Troubleshoot software/hardware issues
- Perform/support loop checks and functional and protection tests of all equipment
- Perform HMI screen modifications and repairs and verify alarm settings and alarm level classifications
- Follow implemented on site EHS requirements, established in BiOZ/ EHS Plan and EHS procedure.
- Report any unsafe situation and use "stop work" authority or decline to perform an assigned task, whenever an actual or perceived imminent concern for safety, the environment, or property exists.
- More than 5 years experiences in commissioning and strong knowledge of the GE Mark VIe Controls System and process of Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP) including strong knowledge of PID loop tuning.
- Strong Knowledge of communication protocols: Modbus, Foundation Fieldbus and Profibus
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capability.
- Willing to travel worldwide for long term assignments
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Polish.
- An engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player and motivator.
- Strong leadership skills with strong influence and power of persuasion.
- Commissioning permission of Energy Industry - category D (supervision)
- group I D E is for electrical works, group II D/E is for energetic equipment and Group III D/E is for gas equipment/pressurized