Corporate Affairs Manager
Location- UK & Netherlands
Main Purpose Of Job:
A major proportion of the profit of our client is subject to political mandate, scrutiny, risk and legislation. The Corporate Affairs Manager is required to manage external relations and communications in the Netherlands. The job holder will engage with and influence key stakeholders, including Dutch government officials, Ministers, trade associations, competitors, industry experts, government agencies, and non-governmental organisations. They will work closely with the Project Director for International Markets on producing and coordinating all external communications, as well as ensuring linkages to the group. They will provide effective and reasoned counsel to the Project Director and other managers to support the delivery of their strategic objectives. They will articulate the external stakeholder landscape and provide strategic advice on the direction of travel and potential impact of government policy, together with solutions to take advantage of and/or mitigate this impact.
The job holder will have a dual reporting line to the Project Director and to the Head of Corporate Affairs (Renewables).
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Communications, Public Relations and Media Relations
- Policy intelligence and Advocacy
- Issues Management
- Ability to achieve business objectives through excellence in policy development, communication and influencing of key stakeholders
- At least 5-7 years in public policy development, stakeholder engagement and/or strategic roles
- Ability to identify, understand, analyse and interpret potential problems, and use creative thinking to modify approaches and come up with unique solutions
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across a broad range of teams/stakeholders
- Excellent numeracy skill with ability to analyse and interpret technical/numerical data
- First class interpersonal skills (external and internal audiences) to initiate leads, build, improve and maintain external contacts; and establish strong working relationships to enable the job holder to seek cooperation from, influence or motivate others to help resolve problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to convey arguments that persuade and influence others in both English and Dutch
- Based in the Netherlands with travel required to UK.
If interested please apply within