Earthstream Global is recruiting for a Country Manager based in Tanzania for an Environmental service provider to the resources industry.
The Country Manager: Tanzania contributes to the organisational goals by leading and directing the operational day to day activities of the Tanzania business, driving the business to a new level of operational excellence, efficiency and effectiveness
- Deliver operational leadership and assume full responsibility for all relationships between the company and its clients within Tanzania and the East African region ensuring the company sustains market share in the region, achieves return on associated investments and delivers profitable growth.
- Direct the day to day operational management of the business, applying as required a hands-on approach to producing solutions to strategic, technical, commercial, operational and personnel related challenges which impact on customer service and performance.
- On award of projects, lead the delivery teams in achieving their goals and objectives and ultimately ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget, technically compliant and to the highest standards of safety, quality, and operational excellence.
- Ensure an emphasis is placed on further developing a high-performing, innovative and influential operational support function capable of devising bespoke technical solutions to meet client requirements.
- Develop an annual sales plan for existing and future clients and ensure excellent client relationships are maintained by building openness and trust.
- Act as a key focal point for communications with clients on issues requiring the influence and authority of the Country Manager.
- Ensure day-to-day operations maintain a continued alignment with overall corporate policy, strategy and direction.
- Contribute to the development and execution of the organisational strategy.
- Lead the constant drive and focus to improve operational efficiency via process, people or practical measures. In effect raise the bar on business performance delivery.
- Deliver performance management objectives, agreed business plans, budget and targets and report on factors impacting on the business.
- Carry out business development within Tanzania and surrounding countries including proposal compilation and tender management.
- Provide technical services to our clients in accordance with relevant targets.
- Establish and manage the Tanzania office in accordance with local legislation and
- Effective financial management of the Tanzania Office, this includes budgeting, forecasting, analysis etc.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Postgraduate degree in Environmental Management/Sciences or similar.
- Project or Financial Management Certificate or similar would be beneficial.
- Ten or more years in a similar role specifically within the resources/infrastructure industry.
- Four to six years being involved in business development.
- Two to four years managing a team of people.
- Professional Registration would be beneficial. (e.g. Certified as Social and Environmental Expert by National Environment Management Council of Tanzania).
- Understanding of applicable environmental and social legislation.
- Understanding and practical experience with environmental authorisation
- Superior EIA and EMP report writing.
- Proven experience in large Project Managing environmental and social processes.
- Proven experience in managing a Project team.
- Strong interpersonal skills (build rapport etc.).
- Excellent communication skills (Both verbal and written).
- Strong customer orientation.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Superior organisational skills.
- Willing to travel locally and internationally, including the rest of Africa.
- Valid Driver's License.
if the above match your profile and career aspirations then do apply today with an updated resume, all successful applicants will be contacted, should you not be contacted within 7 working days, do consider your application unsuccessful.