Critical Facilities Technician - Data Center
**** applications are being considered for positions anticipated to become available early 2022
------ German & English speaking
------ Must be eligible to work in Switzerland
------ Clean Room Experience
We are looking for a Critical Facilities Technician who knows what best-in-class service looks like and can make that a reality.
This role is an important member of our facilities team where we manage some of the most efficient and cost-effective data center facilities in the industry.
The successful candidate for this role will work with a team of other electrical and mechanical-focused engineers performing maintenance and repair for our data center infrastructure. We take our customer requirements for uptime seriously and keep our facilities maintained to a very high standard to insure uninterrupted service for our customers.
If you enjoy working on critical data center systems (UPSs, PDUs, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls), as well as industrial electrical equipment and systems that include power distribution components/wiring, electronic components and lighting systems. If you know the importance of getting it right the first time and not disrupting mission critical data centers.
If you enjoy delighting customers with superior service and you have the desire and ability to do so, then please read on!
Essential Job Functions
* Work under limited supervision, both independently and within a team environment
* Manage multiple one-time and/or ongoing projects
* Respond to safety and emergency situations and maintain a safe and secure work environment
* Use discretion and judgment in organizing workflow and adapting as priorities are modified due to a changing environment
* Frequent contact with employees at all levels of the organization; frequent external contact with vendors
* A "Team Leader" who can lead by example and bring out the best in the team and competently promote the Operational Tenets to his fellow shift CFT's.
* Operate, perform maintenance and service repairs on critical Data Center systems (UPS, PDU, Diesel Generators, ATS equipment and Building Controls, Chillers, CRAH, ETC)
* Develop reliability reports to ensure availability and capacity targets are achieved and maintained with 100% uptime
* Coordinate, and oversee all maintenance vendors to ensure personnel safety, protect the Facility's critical equipment, and maintain power to the critical load
* Create required MOPs (Method of Procedure), SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) and EOPs (Emergency Operating Procedures) to ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance to them
* Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in accordance with approved MOPs and the company's Mission Critical Facility work rules
* Prepares and presents estimates of cost of parts, equipment, and supplies of proposed installation or repairs.
* Conduct training with junior technicians and other staff personnel on critical equipment/system maintenance, repairs and operation.
* "Hands on" experience with the maintenance and repair of industrial electrical and mechanical systems in mission-critical facilities to include; emergency generators (Generators, Fuel Delivery systems and Parallel Switchgear), electrical distribution (MV/LV switchgear and associated controls), critical and essential PDUs, UPS, switchgear, HVAC, air handling units, computer grade cooling systems, and building monitoring/control systems.
* Demonstrate knowledge in operating, maintaining, repairing, inspecting and testing critical electrical distribution systems, HVAC systems and building management/automation equipment
* Ability to read commercial building blueprints and understand electrical single lines and schematics
* Knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures related to mechanical & electrical systems needed to run data centers
* Technical Writing skills and experience; as well as creating, coordinating, updating and/or modifying MOPs/SOPs/EOP's for critical facilities equipment, to include supporting new systems and researching technical requirements
* Work experience in the electrical or mechanical field is highly desired. Strong emphasis on technical skills/training, with intent to obtain license within a reasonable time
* May be required to complete formal training in an area of specialty, such as UPS maintenance
* Candidates must possess reliable transportation for reporting to work for shifts, or emergencies
* Travel is expected to be less than 5%, occasionally for training purposes
* Potential employees must complete a background check successfully
* German & English languages mandatory, French would be a nice-to-have
Physical activities and requirements
* Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
* Bending legs at knee to come to a rest on knee or knees.
* Bending the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine.
* Moving about on hands and knees or hands and feet.
* Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
* Particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
* Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
* Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
* Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
* Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
* Repetitive motion. Substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
* Heavy work. Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
* Raised access floor work. Must be able to maneuver and work underneath and around raised access floor of varying heights
Physical Working Conditions
* The position is subject to extreme cold and extreme heat. Activities occur inside and outside.
* The position is subject to noise such as vibration and high volume of air movement
* The position is subject to hazards. Includes a variety of physical conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, electrical current, working on scaffolding and high places, exposure to high heat or exposure to chemicals.