Start Day: 26 July 2021
Duration: 1 year
Location: Reading, Glasgow or Perth (UK)
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB
This in an interim role, working within the Business Energy (BE) Core Platform Replacement (CPR) team, reporting
to the Finance Data & Reporting Manager. The new Core Platform is both an Operational and Financial system
integrating into SSE's main Financial system, Oracle.
The Data and Reporting Analyst will need to develop their knowledge of the new BE Operational system,
processes and data model to understand the impact on the existing Finance processes, and support a successful
transition to the new system.
The role is required to support a robust financial data migration from legacy BE systems, complete functional
testing of the new sub-ledger, test the integration into Oracle, support the transition to the new processes, data
model and financial reporting across Customer UK. Continuity of reporting is key to supporting management
accounts preparation, decision making and financial planning by the Leadership group. All financial reporting
needs must be delivered and tested ahead of the initial Pilot phase in 2022 and throughout the Customer
migration to the new system.
Given the intended pace of this programme the successful candidate will be expected to take an agile approach
to the role.
* Participate across the CPR Programme lifecycle including development workshops, data migration testing,
functional and integration testing, training, implementation, and transition to business as usual.
* Complete financial reconciliations throughout the planned ETL's.
* Support the development of the new data structure for management reporting, aligning to the Chart of Accounts and the Oracle GL system integration. Identify implications of Operational approach on finance reporting, and ensure risks are highlighted in a timely manner so that informed decisions can be made
* Support the definition, documentation and development of all Financial reporting: liaising with the CPR
Domain Leads, BE and Group Finance team and other SMEs to agree effective & robust financial reporting.
* Support test script preparation, and acceptance testing on the Finance module, all financial reporting and the
integration to Oracle GL.
* Support the definition of historic data reporting requirements for data from existing systems that will not be
migrated to the new Core Platform.
* Support the Finance team and areas of the business that link to Finance pre-implementation, throughout dual
running and transition to business as usual. Includes supporting the required changes to the month-end
processes and readiness checks.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Analytical mind, strong communication and presentational skills, highly organised. Accustomed to working in
large complex organisations to challenging deadlines.
* Understanding of ERP systems, processes and workflow technology.
* Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework related to Systems.
* Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional environment
* Ability to understand complex issues and communicate them in simple terms
* Able to support business change, questioning the status quo
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
* Qualified or Part-qualified Accountant with at least 5 years' experience in General Accounting
* Background in systems change and new systems implementation
* Experience in working in environments with significant level of Business change
* Confident in interpreting and documenting logical data structures to support accounting, analysis, reporting
and integration requirements
* Accustomed to handling large quantities of data, high attention to detail, proficient in financial reconciliations,
able to identify data quality issues and anomalies
* Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, advanced Excel skills.
* Highly organised, with strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation