Data & Reporting Analyst - Finance
Location: Reading, England
Start: Oct 2021
Duration: until July 2022
The role is required to support a robust financial data migration from legacy BE systems, complete functional testing of the new sub-ledger, test the integration into Oracle, support the transition to the new processes, data model and financial reporting across Customer UK. Continuity of reporting is key to supporting management accounts preparation, decision making and financial planning by the Leadership group. All financial reporting needs must be delivered and tested ahead of the initial Pilot phase in 2022 and throughout the Customer migration.
- Participate across the remaining CPR Programme lifecycle, report development, data migration testing, functional and integration testing, training, implementation and transition to business as usual.
- Complete financial reconciliations and analysis throughout the planned ETL's and Customer releases.
- Support the development of the new data structure for management reporting, aligning to the Chart of Accounts and the Oracle GL system integration. Ensure Operational dependencies on finance reporting, are understood and risks highlighted in a timely manner so that informed decisions can be made.
- Support the development of all Financial reporting, liaising with the CPR Leads, BE and Group Finance team and other SMEs to ensure integrity of data, and effective & robust financial reporting.
- Develop financial models to support the month-end processes and readiness checks. * Support test script preparation, execution and acceptance testing on the Finance module, all financial reporting and the integration to Oracle GL.
- Work with the BE Finance team and areas of the business that link to Finance to ensure they understand the upcoming changes pre-implementation, throughout dual running and transition to business as usual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Analytical mind, strong communication and presentational skills, highly organised. Accustomed to working in large complex organisations to challenging deadlines.
- Understanding of ERP systems, processes and workflow technology.
- Understanding of Financial Control and Governance framework related to Systems.
- Ability to make a positive impact in a cross-functional environment
- Ability to understand complex issues and communicate them in simple terms
- Able to support business change, questioning the status quo Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Qualified or Part-qualified Accountant with at least 5 years' experience in General Accounting
- * Background in systems change and new systems implementation * Experience in working in environments with significant level of Business change
- Confident in interpreting and documenting logical data structures to support accounting, analysis, reporting and integration requirements
- Accustomed to handling large quantities of data, high attention to detail, proficient in financial reconciliations, able to identify data quality issues and anomalies
- Proficient in the use of MS Office suite, advanced Excel skills.
- Highly organised, with strong communication skills; verbal, written and presentation