A leading EPC within the EHV arena are looking to appoint a skilled and proven Design Manager to work with their Design team on a variety of primary grid substation projects from 11kV up to 132kV. The role will be based in either Colchester or Stevenage but will involve travel within the East Anglia area and as such we will consider applications of individuals who are able to work remotely for 2-3 days per week but willing to travel as required.
As the Design Manager you'll support the operational delivery of the 11kV to 132kV Network, refurbishing and building new switchouses and transformer enclosures with associated switchgear, transformers and cabling. They deliver substation build and refurbishment works across the East of England including design, project management, cable installation, building construction, jointing, switchgear, bunding, commissioning, decommissioning and demolition.
As the Design Manager your duties & responsibilities will be:
- Management of design services utilising internal and external resource.
- Agree safety, commercial and operational targets with Contract Director
- Exercise accountability and responsibility for commercial performance
- Monitor and review regularly performance against agreed internal and external targets Interface with customer and manage and develop relationship
- Develop team to provide support to build teams
- Plan and manage workload in line with customer requirements
Skills & Knowledge
- Senior management experience in a similar substation EPC environment
- Proven staff management abilities and motivational skills gained in senior roles
- Ideally Chartered Engineer (ie MICE, MIET, MIMechE) or relevant experience
- Knowledge and understanding of Industry Standards, relevant codes and Systems Knowledge of protection and control schemes on the 11kV to 132kV Distribution Network.
- Design and design management experience
- Knowledge & understanding of the CDM Regulations and the role of the Designer under the Regs Proven negotiation skills