An exciting opportunity for a Design Manager to lead and develop a multi-skilled team of engineering colleagues to deliver the detailed designs for HV / EHV cable networks, overhead line and substation installations at 33kV, 66kV and 132kV.
- Lead the design team to provide detailed designs for all workstreams across the business.
- Enhance current design processes to reduce company risk and liability via formal validation, verification and approval prior to and during construction.
- Improve internal processes and procedures to ensure all designs completed are appropriately checked, validated, verified and approved prior to being issued for construction.
- Control design liabilities by implementing robust approval procedures to ensure all designs meet performance parameters and client expectations.
- Build an operations-based design team to strengthen design capability with regards to resource, training, competence and experience.
- Develop competencies to allow them to be appointed as a Principal Designer under CDM regulations.
- Develop and maintain a suite of design procedures, standards, specifications and guidance documents.
- Maintain continuity and consistency of design work for all relevant workstreams ensuring that delivery timescales and targets are not affected.
- Design engineers and technicians are progressively upskilled to meet current and future work programme demands
- Evidence that the team are achieving optimised utilisation and are meeting and exceeding customer charter targets.
- Create a robust quality assurance process for all relevant project, contract or framework designs.
- Talent profile of all resources maintained, with high growth potential assessed and actively managed.
Essential Qualifications & Experience:
- HNC in Electrical Engineering or Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Registration to Incorporated or Chartered Engineer level
- Experience years' experience of working within an electricity distribution network operator type business or similar in a design role.
- Network analysis and specialist studies using company software to ensure network operation and compliance with prevailing standards such as ER P28, G5 and G99.
- Protection systems.