We have a current opportunity for a Design Manager on a contract basis. The position will be based in Skelleftea. For further information about this position please apply.
Our client are seeking a Design Manager to lead the design and coordination efforts for the construction of our battery factory in Skellefteå, Sweden. As a Design Manager, you will play a critical role in building one of the first large-scale European battery factories and contributing to the transition to a carbon-free society
* Must have EU working rights
Bachelor's degree in the Civil, Structural, Architectural, Mechanical, or Electrical engineering fields
* 7+ years of experience in the design/engineering of heavy industrial, manufacturing, or chemical process facilities, with battery factory experience preferred
* Experience in multi-disciplinary engineering coordination, interfacing with construction and internal/external stakeholders
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience working on international industrial projects and in multi-cultural environments
* Experience in commissioning and start-up of industrial facilities
* Self-driven and willing to get things done
* Passionate & purpose driven
* Personality qualities that we cherish are flexibility, high standards for quality, motivation to take on new challenges, grit and a sense of humour
* Fluency in English
* Familiarity with standard office and management software tools and platforms
Position would suit individuals who are willing to relocate to Sweden on a long term contract.