- As a member of the Project Development Team, you will be responsible for the delivery of renewable energy projects, predominately onshore and offshore wind, from inception to Financial Close.
- Team members will have a "hands-on" and flexible approach to support achieving shared targets and goals.
Key Accountabilities for Project Coordinator:
- Collaborative working across small project team including development, engineering, technical, legal and financial functions within the company and externally
- Provide support services to the Project Director and Project Manager to manage development related elements of the projects that may cover and include:
- Support the Project team in securing all necessary permits for the project, such as EIA and land agreements, which will be achieved through establishing local stakeholder relationships and managing such relationships
- Support the preparation and negotiation of project development contracts such as land contracts, consultancy contracts etc
- Support the Project team in the preparation of key project documents and applications, such as for permitting and grid etc, alongside external consultants and internal resource
- Support the Project team in the management of external stakeholders such as Local Government, Prefectural government, landowners etc to obtain the necessary approvals and permits
- Ensure that all external consultants are working in accordance with the required internal Workplace, Health, Safety, and Environment policies
- Ensure that internal approvals are obtained for all project documents / phases and that these have been adequately reviewed by the Project team
Skills / Experience:
· The successful candidate is likely to display a number of the following key skills:
· Knowledge of the development process
· Experience with land assembling and permitting for development projects in Japan
· Experience with delivering project Environmental Impact Assessments would be a distinct advantage
· Experience in community liaison and stakeholder management
· Degree or equivalent in an environmental, engineering, planning or science or business based subject
· Must have strong Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Excel, PowerPoint)
· Business level of English capability (TOEIC score above 850 is a plus)
Our client values the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you are capable, highly motivated, willing to learn and can deliver, our client wants you in their team. Together we can power a cleaner future in Japan!