We are seeking two development managers to join one of the UK's leading independent renewable energy developers. The company has successfully developed 10 onshore wind farms to date, 6 of which have now been constructed, and currently has an active pipeline in excess of 1,400 MW. Due to continued growth they are looking to secure the services of a Development Project Manager that can be based anywhere in the UK that will help progress the current portfolio through to the start of construction and also secure further opportunities. Project managers will retain responsibility for their projects in all development phases all the way up to project handover to construction teams.
Responsibilities will include:
- Negotiating commercial/legal agreements with landowners, tenants, crofters and other project stakeholders
- Managing the project design and EIA process in collaboration with specialist consultants
- Liaising with consultees to resolve planning objections
- Managing planning appeals and public inquiries in collaboration with planning legal advisers
- Developing and implementing community benefit/ownership packages
- Liaising with grid network operators and managing connection applications
- Identifying and securing sites for future projects
Skills & Experience
- Significant project development expertise (including in the above areas), principally in onshore wind project, but energy storage and/or PV experience also beneficial
- Good project management, negotiating and inter-personal skills
- A high level of initiative and commitment (being very much a self-starter)
- A good degree in a relevant discipline (or equivalent professional qualifications/experience)
Location: Flexible within the UK, subject to level of experience.