We are seeking a Director (Project Finance & M&A expert) based in Boston, MA, United States. You will be working for a global financial advisors company within Renewable Energy.
The successful candidate will be joining a Boston-based growing team of 8 professionals and will work in close collaboration with fellow colleagues in Africa, Americas, Asia, and Europe on many international renewable energy projects.
As a Director on the Project Finance deal team, you will be right in the middle of all the action. From working on impactful transactions to leading missions with autonomy, you will be accountable for the smooth execution of advisory missions relating to financial structuring, raising required debt or leading M&A equity finance transactions. You will be the primary point of contact for clients, other stakeholders and the rest of the team. This is the ideal job for you to apply your analytical skills and curiosity for out-of-the-box solutions.
* Taking responsibility for advisory missions e.g. relating to financial structuring, raising required debt or supporting M&A equity finance transactions
* Leading the interactions with clients, banks and other project stakeholders
* Supervising financial analysts on the development and management of financial models and cash flow valuations for renewable energy projects
* Overseeing due diligence processes including work prepared by other advisors
* Gathering of market intelligence on sectors of interest to the company such as electricity markets, debt markets or venture capital markets
* Being active in sharing knowledge, building networks and support business development
* Active participation in an entrepreneurial, international and dynamic team focused on making projects happen and going the extra mile for the client
We are looking for someone with a masters or similar degree, preferably in Finance or Engineering, 10+ years of relevant work experience, and a passion for renewables. In addition, here are some attributes that are critical to the job.
* Excellent analytical skills and the ability to learn quickly
* A strong understanding of and mastering of financial concepts and products
* Ability to communicate complex ideas with ease and simplicity
* The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
* Initiative, ownership and accountability for allocated tasks
* The ability to work in cross-border teams with a willingness to travel abroad
* Empathy and willingness to understand the needs and aspirations of relevant stakeholders
* At least 5 years of US experience in renewable energy (M&A or Corporate Finance) and knowledge of markets is required
* Last, the ideal candidate would have an existing network of relationships in the renewable energy sector in the US
This job is to be filled on a permanent contract basis and full-time. A competitive compensation package including various benefits such as public transport, pension options, lunch vouchers, flexible work (home office) is offered. The candidate can expect opportunities to travel to other offices and to participate in regular team building activities. Additionally, the candidate will be given the opportunity to grow, and take responsibility in a dynamic renewables market environment.
Market reacted salary and excellent bonus % on offer.