Docking Planning Engineer
Location: Las Palmas, Spain
Duration: 3 months initially, options to extend
Rotations: 6 days a week
For a mission in Spain, we are seeking for a Docking Planning Engineer that can support us during the docking of a vessel in Spain, Las Palmas.
* We aim for an All-in rate
- accommodation + breakfast is provided by the project
- no other expenses allowed
* IMPORTANT *
Shipyard' requirement for Owner subcontractors,
where you will find that a copy of work visa for non-European subcontractors is required by Astican for entry purposes.
The following document need to be provided as well:
* Spanish companies: will provide TC1 and TC2 of the past month
* European Companies: will provide A1, according to directive 96/71/CE
* Non European Companies will provide copy of the consultant's VISA
* copy of the insurance policy that cover work accidents.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
As docking planning eng. you are part of the docking preparation team supporting the Vessel Manager to build the initial docking schedule as basis for the Request for Quotation towards the shipyards.
You are supported by technically grounded colleagues of the team by taking responsibility and keeping a complete overview of all activities, services and deliverables in Primavera P6.
You analyze the schedule on risks and assure that mitigations & contingency are embedded in the schedule
The mission is for 6 Days/week / +- 12hrs/day -
Work orders for Maximo, repair estimations from TD and prepare, ... -
PROCESS: multiple scenario's in P6 * various shipyards * various service providers * optimize repair sequence in drydock/along quay side, afloat,
- OUTPUT: P6 detailed time schedule (daily & weekly report & Power BI Business context Technical Skills: - Strong experience with P6 - Vessel technology & terminology - Risk Management during docking & repairs - Experienced in turn around projects / Large maintenance projects - Excel, Power BI, CAD, DRIVE/DRE 2.0 Softskills: - Strong communication skill - Analytical & problem solver - To the point reporting upstream and downstream