We have a current opportunity for a Document control manager on a permanent basis, based in Sandton Johannesburg. The Document Control manager will be responsible for the system implementation and document management for the mining group.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
- Responsible for the storage, filing, recording of all project, DRC & SA, related documentation.
- Assist in developing and implementing policies, procedures, standards, schedules, plans and guidelines for proper inventory, identification, classification, organisation, storage, protection, retention, preservation and disposal of records.
- Implement an electronic record as the need arises with supporting data classification for departments in alignment with the File Plan requirements.
- Create a conducive team-oriented work environment; coordinate effective training sessions for staff to enhance capacity building.
- Manage performance of direct reports
- Conduct change management to promote records management awareness, risk compliance, expedite communication through appropriate structures/systems to establish, and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with the established and emerging legal framework and regulations regarding paper/electronic records storage, maintenance, and final disposal.
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure implementation of records management system and establish retention schedules, destruction methods, and transfer of materials where appropriate with reference to data protection.
- Conduct records and document management audits, furnishes litigation support related to discovery/document production; and respond to audit findings.
- Manage maintenance of records management system, and protect the integrity, authenticity, and confidentiality of records in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage the quality assurance.
- Implement and improve electronic systems, procedures and work flow processes.
- Develop and implement processes related to document control and management. Working with the project team in order to implement systems of control.
- Develop clear and concise work instructions for internal users, with project management approval and provide training and coaching to other users and document control staff to ensure compliance with company procedures, standards and expectations
- Control and upkeep of all project related documents, drawings and registers; This involves confirming the documents meet the Company quality requirements before they are filed and liaising with internal departments and external clients and suppliers to ensure that documents contain correct and understandable information regards their categorisation.
- Manage the process of distribution of internal and external project correspondence and ensure good relationships with external and internal clients.
- Generate the various project document control reports, drawing and document tracking registers for specific projects as required.
- Responsible for the consolidation and storage of project documentation on completion / closeout of a project e.g. storage ((drgs, specs, contract documents, LTQR's), disposal after specified periods and where required the return or destruction of security classified information
- Ability to perform regular audits on documents against required project information to ensure compliance with client requirements and company procedures.
- BA Degree or equivalent qualification in Records Management/Archival Studies/Knowledge Management/Information Science
- Recognised qualification as an auditor (e.g. BSI ISO - 9001 Quality Auditor)
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a document control role
- Proficient in computer software packages - databases, spreadsheets and word processing.
- Engineering project background and knowledge including familiarity with engineering documents such as reports, datasheets, lists and drawings.
- Experience with software packages; spreadsheet, databases, word processing etc.
- Knowledge of Document control processes and procedures
- Experience of examining and checking documents & drawings
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills - comfortable interfacing with clients and all levels of company employees.
Should the role be of interest do apply today. Should you not be contacted within ten days of applying do consider your application unsucsessful.