Drawings and Document Controller
Based: Perth, Scotland (office based)
Length: 6 Month Contract
Hours: Full time, Mon-Fri, 8 hours a day
Main purpose of role
Reporting to the Drawings and GIS Manager, the Drawings and Document Controller will assist in the management of the clients Electronic Drawings Management System and will be required to quality check all drawings against the clients Drawing Management Standard, before insertion into the system. You'll be responsible for scanning, numbering, adding and editing of drawings.
- Contribute to a strong safety culture across the Engineering and Innovation departments.
- Assist in the management of and registration of drawings onto the Drawing Management System.
- Compliance with the clients Drawing's standard procedures.
- Prepare, number and scan paper drawings when required.
- Finding drawings for Engineering Teams.
- Train members of wider team in the use of the Drawings Management System
- Printing and sending drawings to external parties.
- Prepare or modify multi-disciplinary CAD drawings using Autocad
Knowledge, skills and experience
- You should have proven communication skills with confidence and the ability to liaise with internal and external Stakeholders
- Effective influencing skills across the organisation.
- A good working knowledge of drawings or document control and the ability to process multiple drawings or documentation within agreed timescales.
- First class IT skills, in particular Microsoft excel.
- Effective organisation capabilities to deliver quality work to the agreed timescales.
- The ability to work on your own and be equally as happy to work as part of a team.
- Excellent business focus and the ability to understand implications of decisions.
If you are interested, please apply within.