Our client, a leading International IPP, has a current opportunity for a ED Specialist on a permanent basis.
The position will be based in Jeffreys Bay.
The Economic Development Specialist is responsible for the implementation; monitoring and evaluation of the socio-economic development (SED) and enterprise development (EnD) strategies and plans for allocated renewable energy sites. These strategies should achieve maximum development impact for the minimum overhead spend.
The Economic Development Specialist is responsible for stakeholder engagement at local and provincial level in respect of the allocated sites. This includes coordinating and monitoring performance of reputation management activities.
Experience, Knowledge, and Qualifications
- Minimum of a National Diploma in Social Sciences and/or Development studies or equivalent NQF level
- 3 to 5 years' experience in Economic Development related field
- Demonstrated knowledge of:
- Enterprise and Socio-Economic Development best practices
- Monitoring and Evaluations systems maintenance
- Media and Public Relations in the context of reputation management
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Exposure to and knowledge of:
- Microsoft office 365 suite
- Enterprise Resource Management systems
- Visual design best practices
- Web development and online deployment would be an added advantage.
- Sustainable development best practices
- Valid driver's licence