Principal Environmental Consultant - Offshore EIA
Location: any UK office, remote
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- Manage the consenting of offshore wind projects in the UK and Ireland, including DCO applications and Section 36 applications, being responsible for the delivery of all documentation for the application to the required to a high quality
- Project manage EIA projects including contracts, staff, subcontractor and budget management
- Provide specialist marine planning advice to colleagues and clients including (but not limited to) constraint analysis, consenting risks, EIA, HRA, licence variations and licence compliance
- Maintain, develop and manage relationships with clients, colleagues, consultee bodies and industry contacts to successfully deliver projects and assist our continued business growth
- Contribute to business development by identifying new opportunities, acting as a technical lead and reviewer on tenders and quotes and keeping abreast of new developments in the field
- Raise the company's profile via presentation, publication and attendance at target events
Education & Qualifications
- Educated to degree level in a relevant discipline such as Marine ecology, Environmental Studies, Town and Country Planning, or Land Management
- Relevant Professional Qualification e.g. RTPI, RICS, IEMA, CIEEM, CIWEM etc
Specialist Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of offshore renewables sector and marine planning desirable
- Knowledge of UK marine planning/permitting processes
- Demonstrate project management skills for large complex projects with numerous staff and subcontractors.
- For project and team management, be able to provide clear and concise instructions to ensure objectives are understood
- Possess excellent team working skills and have the ability to motivate individuals and teams.
- Adopt a flexible approach to be able to manage tasks concurrently, and to be able to handle short notice pieces of work.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills to effectively manage relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Be proactive and motivated to participate and promote department growth
- Show initiative to solve problems and provide innovative ideas
- Experience of planning and consents with a particular focus on marine development
- Experience of managing the delivery of EIAs for renewable projects
- Knowledge and experience of renewables sector
- Experience in managing engagement with key stakeholders including regulators, advisers including SNCBs, and other interested parties
Full UK driving licence due to travel required within the role