EarthStream are urgently looking for a Electrical Commissioning Engineer to support on a Aeroderivative Gas Turbine Project:
This role is to start as soon as possible and will run between 3-4 months.
Job Role Includes:
- Prepare and execute the commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements works
- Participate in site meetings by arrangement
- Utilize all available tools and aids to achieve the goals of his/her assignment and, as well, to strive for continuous product improvements and cost reduction.
- Prepare, manage, perform, coordinate and monitor the commissioning of the specified systems in a safe and timely manner
- Perform commissioning as per specifications, engineering documents taking into account the safety instructions, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Ensure the commissioning, operation, quality record and feedback documentations are issued.
- Keep a diary to record daily work, occurrences, problems, special information, etc.
- Provide, on request, technical experience feedback to project engineering departments during debriefing meeting(s) to be organized by the project.
- Implement of the necessary EHS procedures within the scope of the discipline works to include preparation of method statements, risk analyses, safety walks, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensure that subcontractors are in compliance with the EHS requirements at the site.
- Responsible for commissioning of the Electrical Systems and associated system such as DC/LV/MV distributions, Transformer, Busduct, Emergency power (Diesel), Blackstart Units, Emergency Lighting, Grounding System, Power Monitoring, and implementation of breaker settings, IED relays, etc.
- Ensure electrical equipment has been installed correctly and meets the owner's quality standards, compliant with design drawings, specifications and operates to the respective sequence of operation
- Ensure overall plant operation concept is correct and safe implemented (interlocking, protection, HV interfaces, etc.)
- Perform necessary investigations/troubleshooting of any electrical malfunctions/issue.
- Execute and support all required testing such as functional loop checks, protection secondary injections, interlock, stability test, etc.
- Checking the customer interface and the control system by simulating the control system or manipulation (of the system) on site.
- Testing the functionality of the control system with the system technician
- Operating, maintenance and training of electrical system for customers
- Organize generator tests with customer
- Perform necessary investigations and/or escalations to avoid repeat trips.
- Establish testing materials and gap between needs and availability.
- Aeroderivative turbines (Preferably TM2500)
- Commissioning on Power Plant projects
- Electrical Engineering Degree