Role: Electrical Commissioning Engineer
Purpose: The Electrical Commissioning Engineer ensures planning, preparation and execution of the commissioning, operation, trial run and acceptance for the electrical systems and subsystems.
Electrical systems and subsystems
The Electrical Commissioning Engineer is responsible for the commissioning of project specific equipment and tasks such as:
- Generator including generator connections and star point cabinet
- Transformer incl. tap-change operation
- Low voltage switching station
- Medium voltage switching system
- High voltage switch system or interface to high voltage system
- HV Back Feed
- Battery, battery loading device and uninterrupted voltage supply
- Generator protection
- Generator energization (voltage regulator)
- Static start-up device for generators (SFC)
- Energy counter and synchronization
- Generator power switch
- Generator terminal leads (bus duct)
- Emergency power diesel unit
- Lubrication oil and cooling system for generator and turbine
- Instrumentation and control logic for the electrical systems including the Electrical Control System ECS
- Prepare and execute the commissioning, trial run, acceptance testing and inspection/measurements works defined by the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Participate in site meetings by arrangement with Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Utilize all available tools and aids to achieve the goals of his/her assignment and, as well, to strive for continuous product improvements and cost reduction.
- Prepare, manage, perform, coordinate and monitor the commissioning of the specified systems in a safe and timely manner
- Perform commissioning as per specifications, engineering documents taking into account the safety instructions, environmental protection measures and local regulations.
- Organize and supervise the safe operation of the plant (site rules, safety regulations, shift plan, shift log, etc.) from system turnover from Installation until COD by arrangement with Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Facilitate the turnover of systems from Installation to commissioning and from commissioning to the customer in accordance with current procedure/work instruction by arrangement with Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Work off the open item lists of systems under his/her responsibility by arrangement with the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Ensure the commissioning, operation, quality record and feedback documentations are issued.
- Hand over the commissioning, quality and feedback documentation and software (originals) with a document list to the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager for compiling and release.
- Ensure that commercial and technical deviations are reported with a corresponding quality record and that the same are followed up until their completion by arrangement with the Commissioning Manager / Site Manager.
- Keep a diary to record daily work, occurrences, problems, special information, etc. plus a list of pending items and maintain logbooks of commissioning records and operational events as specified in the work instructions by arrangement with the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Provide, by assignment completion, a Site Report and forward the same to the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Provide, on request, technical experience feedback to project engineering departments during debriefing meeting(s) to be organized by the project.
- Manage the handling and inspection of the commissioning test equipment. Organize the return of all commissioning test equipment as soon as possible by arrangement with the Lead Electrical Com Eng and the Commissioning Manager.
- Implement of the necessary EHS procedures within the scope of the discipline works to include preparation of method statements, risk analyses, safety walks, toolbox talks etc.
- Ensure within the scope of the discipline works that subcontractors are in compliance with the EHS requirements at the site.
- The technical expert during pre-commissioning and commissioning of the Electrical Systems
- Responsible for the commissioning and pre-commissioning of the Electrical Systems
- Organizes generator tests with customer
- Perform necessary investigations and/or escalations to avoid repeat trips.
- Establish testing materials and gap between needs and availability.
- Execute and support all required testing i.e. Functional loop checks, protection secondary injections, generator short circuit and open circuit test , synchro, load testing.
- Follow implemented on site EHS requirements, established in BiOZ/ EHS Plan and EHS procedure.
- Report any unsafe situation and use "stop work" authority or decline to perform an assigned task, whenever an actual or perceived imminent concern for safety, the environment, or property exists.
- Commissioning experience and strong knowledge of the Electrical Systems of Combined Cycle Power Plants (CCPP).
- Strong analytic and problem-solving capability.
- Willing to travel worldwide for long term assignments
- Fluent in spoken and written English and Polish.
- An engineering degree from an accredited university.
- Communication and presentation skills.
- Strong team player and motivator.
- Strong leadership skills with strong influence and power of persuasion.
Commissioning permission of Energy Industry (SEP certification as pr polish law) - category D (supervision) and category E (exploitation):
group I D E is for electrical works,
group II D/E is for energetic equipment
group III D/E is for gas equipment/pressurized