Electrical Construction Manager
As Electrical Site Manager you will represent the Project Manager and the client on major construction sites and to take responsibility for all site-related activities associated with the construction of a varied range of projects. The Electrical Site Manager will be expected to take the lead on all on-site activities from pre-mobilisation through to commissioning and eventual demobilisation.
- Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look-ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
- Visit the site and develop a site establishment schedule.
- Familiarisation with change management with PM.
- Assist in project validation.
- Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
- Set up site establishment.
- Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
- Review construction drawings and sign off
- Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
- Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
- Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
- Maintain a site diary
- Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
- Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
- Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
- Produce short term programmes in line with the master programme.
- Mark up the master programme each week and issues to PM.
- Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
Close Out Activities:
- Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
- Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
- Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
- Issue final marked-up drawings are correct.
- Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
- Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on-site in accordance with project completion checklist.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Construction Manager
- Recognised Electrical apprenticeship/trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
- Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of €5 million.
- You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
- Possess strong computer abilities
- Professional Acumen - Represent client at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
- Communications - A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
- Planning and Organising - An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
- Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
- Strong Commercial awareness.
- Capable of building strategic relationships with third-party design groups.
- Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.