Our client are a leading Independent Connections Provider that work extensively throughout the UK on a variety of HV schemes up to 132kV. Due to recent contract awards they are now looking for an Electrical Design Engineer to undertake general electrical design activities including production of project technical reports, production of detailed specifications for power system components such as transformers, high voltage switchgear and cable systems, undertaking network modelling and simulation and the coordination / production of design approval packages and management of the design approval process.
- Have existing demonstrable electrical design experience with regard to ICP / DNO networks operating up to 132kV.
- Able to demonstrate ability to quickly acquire technical knowledge for changing technological advancements in energy service provisions.
- Working knowledge of the appropriate UK legislation and standards.
- The ability to take an outline project scope document, review and understand how this translates in to the detailed design requirements.
- Possess a flexible approach to overcoming difficulties and getting the job done.
- Provide mentoring to junior engineers.
- Ability to analyse, take ownership and solve problems.
DETAILED JOB SPECIFICATION.
- Coordinate project requirements at design stage with the civil, electrical, protection & control designers.
- Produce detailed technical reports to accompany our design approval submissions explaining in a clear and concise manner the operation of the proposed connection arrangement.
- Understand the standards and specifications used within the industry.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THIS POST
- Relevant, demonstrable industry experience essential.
- Degree / HNC / HND or equivalent in a relevant discipline is desirable.
- IOSH Managing Safely in Construction is desirable.