Calling all Electrical Fitters - Are you bored of contracting and being promised long duration contracts with no job security? Would you like to join one of UKPNs longest serving Contractors delivering electric upgrades, refurbishment of new build substations and associated cabling.
You will be working as part of a site based team traveling around the LPN region and will be required to carry out the following:
- Installation of unistrut products, cable tray, cable ladder, conduit etc
- Installation of electrical fittings – lights, sockets etc
- Wiring of electrical circuits
- Multicore cables – installation, glanding & terminating into protection panels, SCADA panels, marshalling kiosks, battery chargers, LVAC panels, etc
- Installation of earth switches, disconnectors etc • Earthing – brazing, ductor testing etc
- General mechanical & electrical fitting tasks
- Ability to read complex wiring diagrams
- Ability to produce wiring core sheets from wiring diagrams
- Ability to work as part of a team or lead a team of fitters
My client is keen to attract hardworking individuals with at least 4 years experience of working as an Electrical Wireman/Fitter who is keen to progress into a supervisory/ Management role within the next 12-18 months.
Ideally you should already have UKPN authorisations or have held them previously. However if you have more than 7 years experience as a Electrical Wireman/Fitter then you will be considered with no UKPN authorisations.
You are required to hold the following:
- UK Power Networks Competent Person – substation entry
- Permit to Work
- Limitation of Access • 17th Edition qualified
- SMSTS – ideally but not essential
- First Aid
- Confined Space A, B & C
- Manual handling
- Abrasive wheels
- Gas safety
If your work experience and skill set meet the criteria then we would love to receive a copy of your CV and we will be in contact with you shortly.