Our client has an opportunity for a Electrical Project Engineer on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Prepare the Scope of Works and criteria of engineering packages for a renewable power plant during the different project phases- from development, front-end engineering, procurement and tendering, due diligence, detailed engineering, construction, and commissioning
- Coordination with internal teams
- Liaising with consultants, contractors, and other third-party stakeholders
- Preparing of engineering schematics, diagrams, schedules, arrangements, and layouts using CAD software
- Compiling front-end engineering design (FEED)/basic engineering packages
- Attending factory acceptance tests and providing on-site technical support services
- Experience in AutoCAD and MS office.
- Able to perform equipment sizing calculations and rendering engineering packages
- Must be a self-starter and have a genuine desire to develop a career in the renewable energy sector
- Basic understanding of large-scale projects and the associated milestones thereof
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Team player culture with an ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Experience in implementing opportunities and initiatives in a time restricted schedule.
- Organise and plan technical meetings with project stakeholders
Qualifications and years of experience
- Ideally, a Master's degree in Engineering Management, Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Eng or B.Sc) in Electrical/Mechanical Engineering - non-negotiable (BTech will not suffice)
- Between 3 to 5 years relevant (utlilty-scale wind/solar) working experience
- Ideally some grid design experience on renewable energy projects