Electrical Site Manager Responsibilities
In conjunction with your project team, you will be responsible for the execution of various stages of a project as follows:
· Assist PM in development of construction programme, short term look ahead planning reports, equipment and materials schedules.
· Visit site and develop a site establishment schedule.
· Familiarisation with change management with PM.
· Assist in project validation.
· Put site safety starter pack in place and participate in HSEQ plan.
· Set up site establishment.
· Method statement and Risk Assessment preparation and review with sub-contractor.
· Review construction drawings and sign off
· Assist in benchmarking installation practices and Quality procedures
Project Running Phase:
· Develop a daily key action plan that includes HSEQ, productivity and people management.
· Assist Project team in expediting of major equipment deliveries.
· Maintain a site diary
· Attend/Chair internal meetings with sub-contractors.
· Ensure that all variations are picked up in conjunction with PM and QS.
· Ensure labour allocation sheets are being completed by sub-contractors.
· Produce short term programmes in line with master programme.
· Mark up master programme each week and issues to PM.
· Effectively manage sub-contractor supervision to enable efficient productivity
· Ensure sub-contractor workforce is on site at workface on time.
· Liaise with sub-contractors to address available work faces.
· Liaise with our client in co-ordination between building and services.
· Work closely with other supervisors to ensure effective co-ordination between M&E services.
· Integrate with other internal and external supervisors to ensure cross co-ordination of trades and installation processes.
· Take ownership and responsibility of issues to drive out solutions in conjunction with Project Manager.
· Ensure tool box talks, inductions and safety briefings are being carried out.
· Maintain plant logs and ensure weekly safety checks are carried out.
· Ensure operatives are working safely, wearing appropriate PPE and working to agreed method statements.
· Ensure compliance with Health and Safety Policy in particular to the operation of work permits, site safety audits and weekly walk arounds.
· Carry out daily walk around adopting a "don't walk by" approach to safety.
· Implement H&S behaviour/culture and Golden Rules.
· Plan and co-ordinate delivery of materials and plant.
· Mark up drawings in conjunction with inspection testing.
· Ensure inspection test plan is enforced by snagging works, then offering to client for inspection at various stages of the installation working to ZERO snags.
· Ensure that free issue equipment is checked, cared for and once accepted confirm to engineer to sign off for payment.
Close Out Activities:
· Liaise with commissioning engineer in ensuring all systems are tested, demonstrated and handover.
· Ensure all site safety devices are proved.
· Ensure all life systems are complete and certified.
· Issue final marked up drawings are correct.
· Liaise with PM on site demobilisation, including plant, labour, materials and site establishment.
· Ensure all statutory notices, schematics, wall charts are in place on site in accordance with project completion checklist.
Necessary requirement of the Electrical Site Manager
· Recognised Electrical apprenticeship / trade cert coupled with a minimum of 5 years Site Management experience
· Experience in managing Electrical design and build projects in-excess of €7 million.
· You will ideally be in possession of; IOSH certificate managing safety; IOSH certificate in environmental management and general NEBOSH certificate but not essential.
· Possess strong computer abilities
· Professional Acumen - Represent Client at a senior level in meetings, presentations, technical workshops, etc. in a professional, competent and capable manner.
· Communications - A strong communicator with excellent verbal and writing proficiency. Ability to lead presentations to larger audiences.
· Planning and Organising - An organised and adaptable individual with a flexible approach to work. Ability to manage and prioritise when leading multiple projects.
· Deep understanding of constructability of projects.
· Strong Commercial awareness.
· Capable of building strategic relationships with third party design groups.
· Ability to work on own initiative and build and manage a team.