We have a current opportunity for a Electrical Superintendent II on a permanent basis. The position is an expat position with a 6/2 rotation into the DRC.
Purpose of the role:
To manage all aspects of mining highly experienced and knowledgeable in HT/LT power, belt construction, conveyor belt electrical reticulation, tipping points, underground services and pumping arrangements and to contribute actively to the training, professional development and adaptation of Congolese workers in accordance with the laws and regulations in force in the DRC at the time
ASSET CARE STRATEGY
- Implement a maintenance management strategy for the relevant equipment and machinery in his/her area of responsibility
- Address all key elements of the asset care strategy using defined KPIs.
- Implement and manage cross-functional engineering and production teams to minimise reactive maintenance.
- Implement and manage defined business processes, roles, responsibilities and accountabilities for the maintenance function.
- Implement programmes to minimise unplanned downtime on critical equipment.
- Manage cross-functional teams to address cleaning, lubrication and first line maintenance functions where applicable.
ANALYSIS AND IMPROVEMENT
- Address recurring failures identified by analysis of history
- Ensure that preventive actions are implemented resulting in cost-effective maintenance programmes.Ensure through PTOs that all maintenance is performed according to Company standards.
- Ensure through over-inspection of randomly selected completed tasks that all maintenance is performed to an acceptable standard.
- Report regularly to the onsite engineer to direct the focus of the maintenance and construction activities.
PLANNING AND SCHEDULING
- Ensure that maintenance and construction schedules are agreed upon by production and engineering
- Ensure that daily capacity planning is done, which includes both preventive and corrective maintenance tasks.
- Assist in ensuring that shutdowns follow pre-set targets in accordance with critical path analysis.
- Ensure that all work is controlled through work orders and that all information loops are closed by returning completed work orders to the Engineering office after signing them.
- Liaise with supervisors to confirm that all technical manuals and documents are up to date.
- Assist in creating and refining KPI reports.
EARLY EQUIPMENT MANAGER
- Ensure as far as possible that maintenance staff are involved in new equipment specifications.
- Ensure that commissioning exercises are performed on all new equipment before commissioning.
- Participate in onsite RCM template development and review for primary production equipment.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
- Ensure that a skills matrix and training plan for all maintenance personnel in area of responsibility is in place and up to date.
- Actively manage the training program of all maintenance personnel in area of responsibility.
- Focus on technical skills while coaching structured root-cause analysis exercises.
MAINTENANCE MATERIAL MANAGEMENT
- Define a critical spares list through the use of a structured methodology.
- Communicate details of the critical spares to the Engineering office for updating on computer system.
- Comply with the materials management policy.
- Actively support the codification and bills of material initiatives.
MAINTENANCE FACILITIES AND TOOLS
- Implement and manage a housekeeping programme
- Implement and manage a tool store function.
- Qualification in Electrical Engineering with relevant trade test certificate
- Extensive knowledge of applicable mining legislation
- 5 years' post-trade experience in an underground environment
- Extensive experience in a supervisory position preferably in a foreman position
If this role matches your profile, do apply today.
Should you not be contacted within ten days of applying do consider your application unsucsessful.