Electrical Technician - Onshore Substation O&M (offshore wind farm)
The Technician will be responsible for conducting the routine inspections and maintenance of the main high voltage equipment and ancillary systems associated with the ONS. This includes ensuring that all maintenance procedures are followed and developed, with all equipment maintained, and operated safely in line with good working practices and local legislation. The Technician will be based full time at the Onshore Substation. The assignment period will be 13 months. This position is full time in Taiwan, 5 days per week with occasional weekend working as required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Execution of the routine inspections and maintenance of the main equipment and ancillary systems.
* Completion and Sign off all Inspection & Maintenance Documentation to confirm that the maintenance activities have been satisfactory completed.
* Supervision of 3rd party works and OEM maintenance providers.
* Co-ordination of the inspections and maintenance activities to ensure they are completed on time and in line with the maintenance schedule.
* Condition monitoring of the substation and associated reporting.
* Promote safe working practices, ensure full implementation and compliance with the project requirements, local legislation, and Best Practice.
* Ensure that toolbox talks are carried out for all work tasks prior to commencement of every shift and Take 5 after each rest break, e.g., lunch break.
* Ensure that all site tasks are undertaken in accordance with the planned safe method of working and in accordance with the RAMS.
* Participate in regular HSE meetings as required.
* Participate in the reporting of Safety Observation Cards.
* Ensure that stipulated PPE is worn by all personnel in compliance with project requirements and legislation.
* Ensure that all plant and equipment are suitable and 'in date' for the allocated task.
* Be prepared to Stop the Works / pause / Take 5 as required.
* Minimum of a Class B electrician with a minimum of 5 years industry related experience in a commissioning or O&M role, 2 years of which must have been on wind power or EHV substation projects.
* Must be fully conversant with HV & LV Safety systems of work, with previous experience working under a LOTO permitting system on mechanical and electrical systems.
* Excellent communication skills are essential, an English speaker would be highly desirable but not essential.
Reg No: R1987684
Techstream Global Pte Ltd
EA Licence No. 16S8096