We have a current opportunity for a Engineer O&M Support on a permanent basis. The position will be based in Cape Town. For further information about this position please apply.
Join one of the most forward-facing energy giants with an international footprint. They operate, own, and develop renewable project in the utility space. The team has an opportunity for a goal orientated individual that wants to be groomed and developed into becoming the best of the best in the renewable space.
- Follow the guidelines and prescribed structures as outlined by the operating system (procedures)
- Provide input towards improvement and optimization of the operating system (procedures)
- Write, review or update of operational procedures and guidelines as required
Support to the structuring phase of projects
- Support the Senior Engineer to establish and update on a continuous base the O&M Functional Requirements
- Support the Senior Engineer in review designs and requirements related to O&M
- Ensure technical considerations, in detailed engineering, are aligned with lesson learned
- Support other departments with matters relating to O&M, with specific focus on technical requirements and application.
- Ensure best design practice is followed to minimise operating costs (lessons learnt implemented)
Support to projects in close out phase
- Conduct pre-Technical Taking Over site inspections / assessments
- Support on-site O&M personnel during pre-Technical Taking Over period to identify potential technical issues
- Conduct post Technical Taking Over site inspections / assessments
- Support in review of relevant technical documentation to ensure full TTO deliverables and technical compliance.
Support to Power Production
- Maintain the technical lesson learned data base and perform analysis from time to time
- Assist in Root Cause analyses and investigations into operational and technical issues identified on site
- Support O&M with all related queries, concerns, HSE and emergency situations
- Conduct site visits to investigate problems or implement system/solutions to resolve faults or problems.
- Assistance with any technical matters as arising from interaction with O&M Support Project Management services.
- Run internal projects for optimisation, monitoring or others to improve plant performance
- Support O&M analytics in providing technical support to Plant Health Assessments on a regular basis
Support in spare part management
- Support the Senior Project Manager and Senior Engineer in establishing the spare parts list in alignment with EPC and O&M contract and budget requirements.
- Develop and/or refine on site spare parts management processes and storage requirements
- Independent and self-dependent working
- Analytical thinking
- High energy level and motivation
- Pro-active and initiative-taking
- Good communication and team skills, convincing personality and goal oriented
- High multicultural awareness and intercultural competence
- Excellent report writing skills
- Speak and write English fluently
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and IT
BSc/BEng Electrical, Mechatronic, Electro-Mechanical Engineering
Further Study in Renewable Energy advantageous
Minimum of 4 years electrical / electro mechanical engineering
Design in an electrical field
High Voltage Networks and Sub-Stations Advantageous
Previous Renewable energy project experience
Root Cause analysis
Should be available and accustomed to travel internationally to 3rd world countries
Must be able to work extended hours
Must be able to work in an open plan environment
Must be able to work on site in various conditions
Valid drivers license