Earthstream are proud to partner with a renewable energy developer based in Thailand who have operations over the APAC region. Their development and business activities include wind, solar, hydro, electrical installation equipment and consultancy services
With new installations and development at the forefront of their business they are looking for an Engineering Director to join their team with regional exposure to APAC. This position’s focus will be mainly around man management and bringing together a multinational, multicultural team in several different locations.
The ideal person will have had previous experience as an Engineering Manager or similar in a renewable energy company (manufacturer or developer etc) with a background in electrical engineering.
What you will do?
• Report into the regional managers in Asia
• Manage design teams focused on structural components of wind and solar plants in the APAC region
• Manage the delivery of technical projects which will include design, EPC reviews, manufacturer evaluations, PPA’s and analysis of solar and wind resources etc
• Manage sub-contractors and construction teams on the ground in the region
• Keep abreast of the latest renewable energy technology and solutions providers
• Work closely with project teams in the regions to help deliver projects on time and on budget by bringing together the engineering teams in the region
What we require?
• Be willing and happy to travel 50%-60% of the time
• Electrical/Civil Engineering Degree
• Be able to manage multinational and multicultural staff
• Proven background of experience in a renewable energy business
• 10 Years’ experience within an engineering or development environment
• 5 years minimum experience in Asia
• Excellent communication skills
• Strong commercial acumen and knows how to work in the APAC region
• Ability to use Microsoft software e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook is considered essential
• Fluency in English is essential and another language desirable
Due to the job requirements of this position Earthstream cannot consider candidates with prior Oil&Gas experience.
To apply and for more information about this or many other Power Generation and Renewable Energy Industry related positions globally please send your CV/Resume in Word Format to Earthstream.