EarthStream is working with one of the world leading companies in the field of the energy and telecom cable system industry, after another successful Project tender our purpose is to help our customer maintain competitive advantage through quality Project staff growth.
We are looking for a Environmental Manager to join our Award-Winning customer team in Bayreuth or in Wuppertal on a freelance contract basis.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow established procedures and guidelines to monitor the organisation’s compliance with external Environmental regulations and standards and internal policies and management systems.
- Analyse Environmental Impact Assessment requirements and providing support in the identification of the mitigative and preventive measures Prysmian Powerlink is responsible for
- Ensure that environmental support is available to the project team and that individuals are aware of their responsibilities.
- Analyse Installation processes and determine any effect on the environment.
- Engage all stakeholders in order to encourage environmental awareness and to adopt a management plan to protect the environment
- Participates to the day to day activities regarding the organization-wide Environmental and compliance related programmes and also to ensure that all company facilities and sites follow all applicable legal provisions.
- Interface with Client and Authorities for what concern Environmental Project activities.
- Participates to audits to ensure that organization and government standards on Environmental policy are met.
- Ensure HSE KPI including waste and energy consumption information are collected on monthly basis also for subcontractors
- Analyse Safety Observation Cards and provide feedback and trends.
- Attend design and detailed HAZID meeting.
- Coordinate organization of training courses;
- Carrying out audits on the construction site
- Continuous coordination with SiGeKo also for possible SIMOPS with another contractor not managed by PPL
Ideal Candidate should have following:
- Experience between 5 and 10 years of HSE Management experience, within EPCI work environment and with a strong focus on Environmental Site Activities
- Technical Degree (engineering).
- Strong leadership, team player. People management/influencing and organizational skills. Analytical, problem solver.
- High PC literacy.
- Proficient in English and German, written and spoken.
- Used to work in international and multicultural environment
- Familiar with Environmental Aspect Identification and with HAZID methodologies