Our client, a leading bank in financing renewable energy and infrastructure projects in Asia, is actively setting up a sector coverage M&A advisory team and are in the search of a Team Lead to head up the newly established desk.
The ideal candidate is expected to be a self-starter with excellent organisational and communication skills whose primary responsibility would be to originate investment banking advisory transactions in the Asia-Pacific region, with a focus on M&A, in the renewable energy and infrastructure sector. For each transaction, the Team Lead would lead cross-functional transaction teams comprising global industry coverage bankers, Strategic Advisory product partners with candidate being directly responsible for fee-based income from such advisory mandates. Detailed responsibilities include the following:
- Develop strategy for rapid capture of M&A advisory opportunities in the renewable energy and infrastructure sector especially in the energy transition/renewables/decarbonization space
- Initiate and lead regular engagement calls with the bank's geographies, industry bankers and product partners to raise awareness of above strategy, industry/M&A developments, thematic opportunities with the aim of leveraging the entire bank's network to develop a pipeline of advisory opportunities
- Participate actively in the account planning process for strategic clients led by coverage bankers, identifying and developing a plan to capture investment banking opportunities
- Lead the origination of advisory pitches, from identification, ideation to pitch preparation to actual client presentation, effectively utilising the resources of a cross-functional transaction team comprising industry bankers and product partners to produce high quality and effective pitches
- Oversee the day-to-day execution of a deal, including quality development of financial and valuation models, M&A structuring, deal tactics, due diligence, negotiation with counterparties and advisors and presentations to investment committees and Boards.
- Ensure strategic & regular client engagement with decision-makers and C-suite of clients involving also the bank's senior management. These should be supported by timely pre-meeting briefing notes with relevant talking points and actionable call reports.
- As a senior banker, adopt a "one-bank" approach by cross-selling Cash, Trade, Treasury & Markets and Investment Banking products and solutions in each pitch with a special focus on
- The Digital agenda: Referring prospects for cash management mandates & supply chain mandates to Global Transaction Services product partners to ensure proper execution of such mandates;
- The Sustainability agenda: To capture sustainability advisory, loans and capital markets opportunities working closely with Sustainability Team.
- Lead the preparation of regular reviews to Senior Management detailing pipeline and P&L;
- Cultivate a strong people culture, with the bank's values and building highly-motivated teams.
- Drive talent development and internal mobility including overseas assignment.
- Craft action plan to address areas revealed by the bank's employee engagement scores and ensure timely follow-up of such actions
- Minimum 10-15 years relevant experience of investment banking experience in the renewable energy/cleantech and infrastructure space
- Highly numerate with excellent financial modelling and valuation modelling skills
- Experience in structured and project finance preferred
- Results-oriented, resourceful and good business connections in identifying and developing business opportunities.
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills.
- Fluent spoken and written English; proficiency in another language is a bonus.
- Strong team player with ability to foster trust and rapport with team members.
Reg No: R2199662
Xcede Group Pte Ltd
EA Licence No. 16S8096